8.31.2009

Arrivederci, Italia!

WOW! How do you sum up 8 fantastic days in Italy? Once I've gone through the hundreds of photos that were taken, I shall post all about it. It won't be easy, but I'll give it a shot. I may have to do multiple posts day-by-day or city-by-city.

It's just hard to believe we were even there. It's amazing to think that a place like Italy exists. Because it is such a stark contrast from NW Ohio, it's hard to fathom. But I guess that's why we appreciate vacations so much. And that's usually why I cry when it's time to come home.

But, we had a great time. I think my Dad's 60th birthday was a happy one. Shall post more soon.

Arrivederci!

Fun fact: Italians don't have a word for goodbye. Arrivederci means "see you later or "til we meet again" because they don't believe it's forever, you will see each other again. And when they wave, they don't wave with their palms to the other person or with their fingers to them, instead they do it backward - like they are waving to themselves. Which, to me, isn't backward, that's the way it should be. I thought it was a nice sentiment.

5 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Love the goodbye fact...we loved that too! The way things should be.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I am SO glad you had a great time. I can't wait to hear ALL about it and SEE YOU!

Traci said...

how fun! so glad you had a great trip! ;)

Iris Took said...

Welcome home! CAN'T WAIT FOR PICTURES!!

Wrestling Kitties said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful time!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! I would also like you to show me the wave thing, I can't picture it.

Also, is your little girl speaking Italian now?!