7.15.2009

MD3.


It's been recommended that I start posting pregnancy information. And I think that's a darn good idea. I'm mad at myself for not taking a picture of my belly yet, so in the interim, I shall use this sweet photo.

Here's where I'm at:
  • As of today, Wednesday, July 15, I am 17.5 weeks pregnant. I will be 18 weeks on Friday.
  • I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and so far I have gained 11 pounds.
  • The baby's heartbeat was going at 156 beats per minute (Yes, I am aware of the old wives' tale on heart rate.)
  • We can find out the sex next week! That was a huge deal for me yesterday.
  • The doctor I was seeing moved to another state. May have to get a boy doctor. Still debating that one. Luckily the nurse practioner I've seen for years (she was in the delivery room when I was born!) is still there.
  • My clothes are just now getting to the point of not fitting, yet I'm still trying to squeeze into them for as long as I can. Shirts are really gapping at the bust and I'm just doing my best to not provide a free show at work. I haven't buttoned my pants in about two weeks. I have been wearing maternity jeans, which I love! That full panel thing is tres comfy! All pants should be like that.
  • I'm trying to walk on the treadmill a couple times a week and lift 5-pound weights.
  • I'm not craving any weird things, but I'm still eating the heck out of fruit - you name it, cherries, grapes, apples, kiwi, bananas - all of it.
  • Still drinking lots of orange juice.
  • I haven't felt any flutters yet, but I'm eagerly anticipating that moment.
  • I'm no longer tired all the time. Except for when it's really hot outside.
  • I'm ready to start buying stuff! We already have a swing and a pack 'n play that we got from a friend of my Mom's. Which we've had since Week 10.
  • My place of business has a child care center and we got word yesterday that we are off the waiting list and are in for Spring '10! The child care center was one of the first places that I called when I found out I was pregnant. The place fills up fast. Like, a year in advance! It'll be nice to have the baby right here. I can see the building from my window.

Um, I think that's about it for now.

13 comments:

Jamie said...

Ugh, I am jealous about the childcare place. I don't know what we are going to do yet, it makes me panic just to think about it. Like oh holy crap I'm going to vomit kind of panic.

Sounds like things are going good! And eeeeee finding out the sex soon! It's so exciting!!

Traci said...

how exciting! ;)

Sarah said...

well, even though the old wive's tale says otherwise, I'm still saying (maybe hoping? I don't know why?) boy.

And I don't believe 11 lbs. Where? Don't believe it at all. If I didn't know you, I wouldn't even know you were pregnant yet.

Boy doctors aren't that bad. I've had 2 different male (in addition to my regular female) docs - they've both been great.

Wendy said...

Nice update! And yes, I too, am jealous of your on-site childcare! That rocks.

Wrestling Kitties said...

YAY, I was very excited to see this update!!

So question, will you be sharing the sex of the baby or is it a secret....just curious so I know whether to bug you and MD to know the answer or to keep my trap shut!

I love the "I haven't buttoned my pants in about two weeks" comment - haha, AWESOME! And that is so great to get into the child care center, I mean you are basically bringing your baby to work! fun

You need to keep these posts coming and we better see pics soon my friend!! :)

Iris Took said...

Thanks for the update. I was shocked when I thought that picture was you!

Mickey D. said...

WK - yeah, we'll be sharing the gender of the baby. The name we will keep to ourselves.

Tiny said...

Yay!!! Thanks for the update M! So nice to hear everything is well:) Can't wait to hear the gender!!!!!!

I know you're not sharing the name, but do you and M have it narrowed down to a couple yet? Still entertaining about 20 or so? :)

Sassytimes said...

That's awesome that you have childcare so close to your work. I'm looking forward to following your pregnancy story.

Are you doing a poll of the gender? If so, I vote girl. ;)

Mickey D. said...

Tiny - We really haven't discussed names at all yet. We're waiting to find out what it is first.

And when we do decide, you better believe it'll be a good one :)

SassyTimes - Yes, I would LOVE to hear people's thoughts on what they think it is. I've marked you down for a girl. I just love that kind of game!

Wrestling Kitties said...

oh fun!! I am going with a girl and I want to buy her a teeny tiny pair of high heels for those nights out with the girls ;)

Dri said...

Thank you for sharing and updating!

WOW! That is amazing that you get to take your baby to the child care facility right at your work. That will save you SOOOOOOOO much time since you won't have to drive another place before driving to work.

And, I put my vote in for boy. :)

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Oh! I love this update! I anticipate (eagerly) reading more! YAY!

This is just so exciting.

Congrats on getting into the daycare! YAY! Everything is falling into place.

And about the boy-doctor - I know, I completely hear you about that one. My Dr. is a man, too and I was FLOORED by how comfortable I was with him and how professional he was. However, it was semi-ironic hearing him tell me what a contraction was going to feel like. You know, since he doesn't have a uterus and all...

I cannot WAIT to see a photo of you - I'm sure you look AMAZING.

LOVED this update. Am so excited. So excited!