10.19.2006

I think I'm old.

I tell ya, with technology the way that it is now, and how quickly everything is upgraded and downloaded, I find it hard to keep up. I do not consider myself technologically savvy, I can set up my dvd player, cable AND my old-school Nintendo to my tv (at the same time, thank you very much!) but I cannot download something from itunes, or jam out on my ipod or mp3 player or satellite radio, hell, I probably couldn't even burn a cd. I feel like I have missed the technology boat and have swum myself right into fuddy-duddy town.

But I also think that a lot of that stuff has its time in the sun, then it quickly fades away. And unfortunately I just don't have the expendable income to spend hundreds of dollars on fancy items like these only to have them be obsolete years later. And I just don't feel like i NEED these things.

But I'm glad these things exist, it's nice to know that we keep making advances in our society, but where will it all end?? I can't wait for the day when my phone is the primary hub for all technology, how fun to watch tv on that screen, huh?! Then I'm sure someone will come out with a phone that does just ONE more thing than the phone I have and my phone will suck.

I just hope we don't blow ourselves up. With this heavy reliance on technology, it seems bound to happen. One day, everything will go kaput. I just have that feeling. But maybe it's cause I'm old??

4 comments:

Sarah said...

FYI - there are cell phones that you can watch tv on.

Mickey D. said...

I don't know who wrote the above comment on my blog, but please know that Pencils and Heels does not support any such endeavor. And this endorsement does not reflect the thoughts and feelings of the Pencils and Heels empire.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(My favorite line, "I just hope we don't blow ourselves up." hee hee.)

Agreed, WHEN will it all end?

I totally loathe it when I buy a new technology something-or-other and then wah-la, the manufacturer introduces the next new fandangled thing. UGH.

I hear ya. Loud and clear.

Wrestling Kitties said...

Once I find a piece of technology that works for me I never want to give it up! I hate the so-called newer and better products out there. I just want what works and is easy for me to use! Maybe companies should spend your time creating technology that could HELP our world - (but not blow it up, LOL!!!)