10.06.2006

To Wear or What Not to Wear?

This past weekend I was going through some old photos from babyhood to my college years and it got me thinking. . . Now, I consider myself a fashion monger, I love to keep up with trends and the like and find great pleasure in doing so. But when looking through these photos, I thought to myself, "that's something that I thought looked good?" and "perhaps I'm not as fashion forward as I think I am." (Obviously there were some 80's choices that should not have been made, but I'm talking more about the high school/college years.) At the time, I thought everything I was wearing looked great. And I think that now as well. It's not like college was all THAT long ago, so trends haven't changed too, too much.

I guess what I'm saying is, every year I feel like I gain a better understanding of what looks good and what doesn't. But maybe I'm wrong. And I wondered if most people felt that they are getting better looking, either facially or fashionably, as the years go on?? If this is the case, is getting older really that bad of a thing?

3 comments:

Tiny said...

My dad used to say to me, "K, I bet you can't wait for tomorrow."

And I'd say, "Why's that?

And he'd say, "Cuz you just get better looking every day."

Hehehe. (I fell for it every time!)

Anyway, I'd like to think that, as I get older, I'm getting better at deciding what is good or bad for me to wear. For instance, I know that I'm short and I can't pull off some things that taller people can. Also, I think I have a little better idea as to what necklines to wear, what cuts to wear, and what fabrics to stay away from now that I'm a little older.

That said, I know I still goof up. (And have pictures to prove it!) Oh well, those pictures are the most fun to laugh at:)

Sarah said...

It's funny, because I would never consider myself to be "fashion forward."

But you, yes, I always have...I'm sure, always will.

Together, we are beautiful...especially in our overalls skids and black-and-white-tie-orange-vest-shorts outfits. :)

Malissa said...

i could not agree more with you. i especially look back at the college years (and you are RIGHT - it wasn't that LONG ago), and i stop to think "i thought i was cute, but this proves me wrong". my college years are the most documented, and although i would like to think that the camera only caught me in "bad" outfits, it's really that I THOUGHT the outfit was cute, and i now think it's disgusting!!