10.20.2008

One year!

Happy First Anniversary to the man I LOVE!

I struggle with what to write here today. Not because I have nothing to say but because I'm afraid of not truly conveying my feelings.

So let me say this... I am so happy that I married you 366 days ago. You have given me the life that I always hoped I would have. I wanted a partner who I loved even though things aren't always happy. I wanted someone who had goals in life, someone who made me feel special and needed, someone who I could learn from, someone who enjoyed doing things and traveling, and someone who I could just "be" with. I had pretty much given up on finding that person. I was pretty sure you didn't exist. And since I love being dramatic, I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to live the rest of my life alone. But I am so proud to say that you are all of those things I mentioned above and I no longer have to worry about being alone. I have found my partner. And you're even better than I imagined.

Our first (married) year together has flown by in one fantastic blur. I simply cannot believe it. If this is what the beginning of our lives is like, what are the next 70 years going to be like? I'm not sure, but I cannot wait to find out! It's fun and exciting, yet at times, stressful and annoying. But thank God, it will be with YOU.

We are very lucky. And there isn't a day that goes by where I don't realize that. I am so thankful for everything we have, but most importantly I am thankful for you and the person you are. This day every year will be a reminder to us of just how blessed we are and everday in between will be another wonderful memory in our lives.

I love you with all my heart.

6 comments:

Iris Took said...

Congrats to the Ds!

I actally had to skip reading part of your message because I'm at work and got a little choked up. So nice.

Malissa said...

a very happy anniversary to both of you!

MD said...

:)

Thanks honey. I think our thoughts are reflective of each other. So see my blog too.

I love you! Tonight should be fun.

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a cute couple. It was so great meeting you. Enjoy your first anniversary, and the many more to come.

Wrestling Kitties said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! I am SO happy for the two of you! :D

Sad Panda said...

Happy Anniversary!!