12.10.2008

Can't think of a subject, can't think of a title.

As I usually do when I can't think of anything to write about, I'm going to give some short quick quips on recent events:

  • We saw the Twilight movie. I didn't love it. It counted on you knowing the book (which I've read) and I thought it moved too fast through some of the scenes without giving enough substance to them. I also didn't appreciate the teenagers in the theater. The kid sitting behind us actually took a phone call in the middle of the movie and was loudly explaining to his friend how his girlfriend thought he was cheating on her and how she ruined their anniversary because of it. Although, I'm pretty sure he was getting 'serviced' later on. So I guess they made up.


  • Got our Christmas tree! And we put it up last night. I love that smell SO MUCH! I could sit in front of it all day and sniff it. There's just no replacement for that smell. Those silly poser air fresheners don't even come close.


  • I'm finding it very difficult to concentrate lately. I've been ignoring my alarm - it goes off about 8 times (no joke) - and waking up late almost every day. My day usually starts with me saying, "Oh shit, it's 7:40!". I've just been out of it. And too tired to care. (Hence the bullet points.) Not sure what the deal is?

  • I'm taking an exercise class twice a week. It's called Total Body Conditioning or something like that. What it should be called is, "You're really out of shape Michelle and should be totally embarrassed. Now do 20 more squats!" But I'm really enjoying it. There's only one other lady in the class so it's like I have my own personal trainer.


  • I got my hair cut yesterday. I was feeling adventurous and thought that cutting bangs would be wacky fun... turns out, it wasn't. I look ridiculous. Even more so because I will be spending the next 3 weeks pushing the hair out of my eyes until they grow out. I left the salon looking like a 40-year-old soccer mom instead of 30-year-old woman with no kids who knows very little about soccer. Stupid, stupid, stupid. We're supposed to have photos taken on Saturday. Why I chose to make this huge decision before photo day takes me back to fourth grade Perms Gone Bad photos. I haven't learned a thing.

  • Jay Leno is a pompous ass. I cannot believe he is doing a show at 10 p.m. before Conan when Conan assumes the Late Night spot next year. Conan has waited 5 years for this and now he's still following behind him. Conan has earned the right to prove himself, he doesn't need you to be his lead-in. Although he's not allowed to say it, I bet he is pissed. I am.

  • On a more serious note, my sister-in-law is having the worst 2008. She's the type that is always laughing, always having a good time, so it's really hard to hear that she's sad and not herself. I'm sure she would appreciate a kind thought.

10 comments:

Iris Took said...

Thanks for the update! Merry Holiday Season to you and MD!

Teenagers piss me off. Even when I was a teenager, we/they still pissed me off.

I bet your haircut is cuter than you think. Dare to post a pic?

MD said...

She won't post a pic. I haven't seen her damn her in it's proper, not-pinned-back state.

The alarm thing is breaking me down. BREAKING ME DOWN. She "gets up" before I do, so it ruins my final precious moments of zzzzzzzzzzzzs.

Hilary said...

MD - I so feel your pain. My husband "gets up" approximately AN HOUR after i leave the house...yet his alarm starts going off 20 minutes before mine. ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN THIS? also - mickeyd - i'm sure the bangs don't look as bad as you think...and you doomed yourself to this action the minute you scheduled photos :)

Mickey D. said...

You're right H, they're worse.

I hate them.

MD said...

I still haven't seen them....

Hilary said...

i think we need to have dinner so I can weigh in on the bangs issue. I'm just sayin.

MD said...

I SAW THE BANGS! I SAW THE BANGS!

And I liked them. Don't by into my wife's shenanigans, she looks great.

Mickey D. said...

Aww thanks!

I've isolated the problem, did a little damage control, and have come to a livable solution. I shall cease my complaints.

Malissa said...

i would love to see the bangs. but they sound so horrifying, i just know you won't post a pic. even for US - your closest, dearest, most precious friends. ; )

Wrestling Kitties said...

I am glad to hear the bangs issue is resolved!

I do the alarm thing as well....it is SO bad. I basically have 20 minutes to shower and get ready to leave....it is a mad rush evey morning. But honestly, I JUST don't want to get out of bed.

Jay Leno IS an ass.