1.07.2009

No ceramic goose for my Grandma!

In the past I've mentioned my 82-year-old Grandma and how small and feisty and hilarious she is, but I don't think I've mentioned how VERY politically opinionated she is. Behold the doormat on her front porch:

This was a Christmas gift she bought herself. A CHRISTMAS gift, NOT a 'Holiday' gift, she was careful to point out. For those of you not aware, this is Bill O'Reilly's (from FOX News) "catchphrase". My Grandma loves this man and wants all who visit her to know it. In normal conversation, she's not overly aggressive with her political views but you certainly don't want to enter into a discussion with her if you take the opposing side. She and my Dad got into some pretty hairy debates before the election.

Some may agree with her, some may not. But I think it's pretty cool that she is as informed and 'with it' as she is.

This is one Grandma who won't be shopping at the local craft store for a Christmas dress for her porch goose. This decor is more her style.

5 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

HAHA! Oh she sounds like such a hoot!! I LOVE that she got that doormat! Too adorable

Iris Took said...

Your grandma is hilarious!

Sad Panda said...

haha, that is fantastic!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I concur. Your grandma is cool.

Lori said...

I think your grandma and I could totally be BFFs.