1.22.2009

Under construction.

It's an exciting time around the D household. We have many home improvement projects in the works, which is excellent for a HGTV-loving (read: obsessed) woman such as myself.

  • This week we got our basement ceiling drywalled so that we can have a finished basement. I've always wanted one of those. I will probably only go down there to play the Wii or to lose at darts, but it's nice to have nonetheless.

  • Then in early February we are getting our fireplace tiled. This is project that we are doing out of necessity thanks to a lovely fire in the fireplace that went wrong. Way wrong. Like, burning log fell OUT OF THE FIREPLACE and onto the what-we-thought-was-marble-but-turned-out-to-be-not-marble-because-it-burned wrong. Thanks to some quick moves by my husband who ripped off and sacrificed his sweatshirt to smother the flames, the fire didn't extend to the new carpet we have in the family room. That would have made me flaming angry. (sorry.) So we have a toasted not-marble hearth that needs removed and we are putting tile in its place.
  • And we're getting new carpet in 2 of the bedrooms, including the master boudoir. Nothing turns me on more than new carpet smell.
Everything should be done by early February. It's so fun. I could home improve until we ended up in the Poor House. And even then, I would probably want to redo the Poor House.

I would invite you over to see all of our improvements and enjoy a glass of wine, but you'd probably spill it on our new carpet, so I'll just post pics instead.

8 comments:

Malissa said...

AAAAAAAHAHAAHA!! you make me laugh.
please post pics when available!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

This is awesome.

My favorite words to read were: master boudoir.

Fantastic.

I echo T.L. - post photos!

Mickey D. said...

It just so happens that I got me one of those digital cameras for Christmas. As soon as I figure out how to get the pictures off the camera and on to the computer, I will post some photos.

(I wish I was kidding, I don't have the first clue how to do that. I'm a film girl. And I still use pencils. What?)

MD said...

Sigh.

Iris Took said...

LOL to everyone's comments above.

Mickey, just post pics and we will drink wine in the comfort of our own homes and no where near your erotic new carpet.

PS Do before and after pics. YES!

Sad Panda said...

Why is it that when I read you're getting new carpets, my mind immediately envision an American Psycho-plastic-tarp-on-carpets scenario? Not that I'm saying you'd kill Jared Leto...

Mickey D. said...

Well, Sad Panda, I can't answer that. But perhaps a therapist could... :)

And I would NEVER kill Jordan Catalano.

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so glad you guys were watching the fire.... that could've gone terribly wrong.

Can't wait to see pictures!!!!