10.22.2009

Let's play a game. I like games.


I very much enjoy guessing games. My Mom and I like to guess the exact time we will get home after one of our far-away shopping trips. And when I was younger, my Dad and I would always watch the lottery drawing and try to guess the numbers before they popped up. Good wholesome fun for the whole family.

So in keeping with that family tradition, I'd like to play the "What date will my baby be born, at what time and how much will she weigh?" game. Feel free to guess a name too if you'd like. My due date is December 20, so you can use that as your jumping off point.

The winner will be determined by the person who guesses the date correctly and is closest on the time. Weight is a little too hard to guess correctly, I don't want anyone to be turned off by this complicated process. You can still guess how much you think she will weigh, it just won't be factored into the final judging.

As an incentive, the winner will receive a copy of the video of my birthing experience. This is a family game after all. And you did spend some time thinking about this, so allowing you to share in the experience is the least we can do.

To keep it fair, I will take myself out of the running. With all of my number guessing experience, I have an unfair advantage. Plus I probably know my uterus better than any of you.

So, your guesses please.

15 comments:

Iris Took said...

I guess December 25th, 3:15pm, 7lbs, 0 oz... name... Maureen Nora D. You can call her baby Mo No.

If she is, in fact, born on 12/25, you should name her Mary....like MERRY CHRISTMAS! Just kidding, dear Lord....

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

FUN!

December 23.
7:05 p.m.
7 lbs. 8 oz.
20.5 inches long.

Her name will more than likely not be Jennifer.

I will be back with my name guess.

Mickey D. said...

I will tell you that Mary and Holly are OUT of the running for names. As is Jesus.

Wrestling Kitties said...

FUN! I wondered when this game would be coming!

I am going with:
December 16
6:42pm
7 lbs 6 oz.
19.96 inches long

(ok, i like the number 6)

I have a name but think I am right so I do not want to say it on your blog :) Of course it is a complete guess and have no clues, but I think I am right!!

MD said...

Since the name is not part of the competition, I will spill the beans.

Anastasia Beaverhausen D.

Traci said...

My guess:

December 18th
5:24 pm
7 lbs 2 oz

:)

Sassytimes said...

Fun!

I'm going to say....

December 21.
3:42 p.m.
7lbs. 4oz.

Malissa said...

oh, this is FUN (and easy for me):
1). December 22 (MY and my twin brother's birthday).
2). 11:55 am (MY birth time)
3). 7 lbs. 8 oz. (sorry, Ky, I had to copy)
4). 19.8 inches long.

Hilary said...

My guess is:
Dec 27 (just in time for me to see her before i leave for vacation!)
3:58 am
6 lbs 10 oz.

Are you sure about Anastasia Beaverhausen? Cuz I like the way Roberta Uranusmus D really rolls of the tongue :)

Sad Panda said...

December 24th
7:14pm
7 lbs, 3 oz
19.5 inches long

When I first saw the title of your post, I was a little worries. "Let's play a game." Totally thought you were going to post some Halloween-themed, Saw-esqe blog. Then I read it was about your daughter. So I suppose I'm not too good with this whole guessing thing, am I?

Unknown said...

December 22nd
4:16am
8lbs 6oz
21in long
Name Emily

(Like you can't name your baby Jesus. Whatever.)

Sarah said...

Gosh, I'm late...see what taking a couple days away from the computer do to you...

December 19
3:10 a.m.
7 lbs 3 oz
20 inches

And, I bet it's a girl. :)

(and I'm keeping my name guesses to myself, the big one is still in an email to myself. though I've got a couple more ideas since then)

Kristi said...

My guess is:
date: Dec. 15th
time: 5:10 a.m.
weight: 7 lbs, 4 ounces

name: Cora Juliet (like my cabbage patch)

Dri said...

YAY!

December 22
11:23 a.m.
7 lbs. 2 oz.
20 inches

Name: Ashley

I'll take it one step farther...
Nickname: Princess Butterfly :)

Tiny said...

Oooh... I'll take Dec. 17th just cause it's Andrew and my anniversary:)

Dec. 17th
3:30 p.m.
7 lbs, 4 ounces
21 inches long

How about Stella Marie? (I have no idea where that just came from...)