11.16.2009

More deep thoughts.

Every once in a while it really hits me that there is an actual human being in my stomach. Right this very second! IN MY STOMACH*! Like, here's me just walking around getting files from the filing cabinet carrying another person along with me like it's no big deal. "Oh, just excuse me and this person within my belly, we've got business to conduct. I know you can't see her but I can feel her, she's inside me kicking around and LIVING!"

My mind is blown. Thinking about anything else will cease for the rest of the day.



* I know the baby is not technically 'in my stomach'. I have a better grasp on anatomy than that. But my stomach is the area that is protruding the most. I suppose I could say the baby is in my thighs or my behind because they are protruding as well, but that is even less accurate. So, the baby is in my stomach for the sake of this story, mmmkay?

7 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I totally hear you.
And, I remember being semi-freaked when we'd read that, "Your Pregnancy Week-by-week" book and it'd give us the approximate measurement of my uterus throughout the pregnancy.

Um, some things are better left unknown.

YAY - for that baby kicking.

I'm so excited for you.

This is gonna rock your world. (In a super-good way.)

Sassytimes said...

I still find it very hard to believe that my daughter was actually inside my 'stomach'. It's so surreal. ...and even more surreal to believe there is another one in there right now. Life is amazing.

Dri said...

The day or so after each of my kids were born my husband and I would just marvel at the fact that JUST YESTERDAY they were literally squished in my "belly" and now TODAY they are out. Like, they looked just like this but IN me.

SOOOOOO surreal... and lovely and miraculous. :)

Iris Took said...

Your baby widget is getting so big! Crazy!

Wrestling Kitties said...

Agree. That whole idea of growing a human inside me one day is amazing and so very VERY creepy. A human, just chill'n, inside your stomach - wtf?!?!

P.S. Your baby countdown says UNDER THIRTY DAYS!!!! YAY!!!!!

Lurker Girl said...

isn't it just the coolest thing ever? I missed it so much when I went back to work and I finally realized that my DD wasn't "with" me--it was so weird NOT to have someone squirming and kicking.

Enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy--haha--I know, but your little one will be here before you know it!

Heather said...

I took me at least 3 months for each baby to get over the idea they werent in me anymore. I had to share them with everyone else. I found I was actually pretty sad the first few days because of this. I also find that 9 months after my last baby, each time my stomach or any other part of in body growls or makes noises I get a little sad. It truly is very surreal miracle what you are doing right now.

also, Addison was butt out for her last 4 months and I rubbed my belly everyday. To this day, if she gets upset and I rub her little bum she settles down. It gives me a smile everytime.