12.01.2009

It's December.

This month changes everything. It is the month that I shall give birth to a baby girl. It is the defining month for us to say that we became parents. Forever. Somehow November 2009 already seems like a lifetime ago. It was the last month of my life I can say that I didn't have a child. And come January we won't know life without her. My mind = blown. Again.

I have decided that even after I'm done being pregnant that I will probably wear a basketball under my shirt to give off the illusion that I am pregnant. People have been so kind and friendly when they see that I've got a burgeoning belly and I hate to give that up. Strangers haven't tried to touch me or tell me inappropriate stories, they just smile at me and have sometimes told me a cute story about themselves - which has been (surprisingly) fun to hear. I've bonded with Moms at Babies R Us and we met a great couple at our birthing classes who we're fairly certain is leading our same life. Their due date is the day before mine, she and I have worn the same shirts to class twice, and we found out that we have the same doctor. I just have a gut feeling that we're destined to know them forever. Like we will end up having our babies at the same time on the same day and they'll either be best friends or end up married or something like that. Wouldn't that be something?

Overall, being pregnant has been a fantastic experience for me. I consider myself very lucky to have made it through these last 37.5 weeks with very little to complain about. In fact, I'd say I've had NOTHING to complain about. I can live with the 4 trips to the bathroom I've been making throughout the night. Part of me is sad that soon it will all be over.

But now we just have to sit and wait (Yeah, right, sit and wait...I've been nesting my butt off. Onesies don't wash themselves!) for this baby to decide when she wants us to meet her. Wow, I can't believe it's her month already!

10 comments:

Jamie said...

isn't it scary when you get to 37 weeks and it's... REAL. she could be here ANY TIME now! AHHHHHHHH! i'll be thinking of you.

MD said...

Ugh. You made me a little teary with this post.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. A little (part) me (and part you, of course). How exciting!

We've done great in preparing our home and lives for her to come. And you've done great in getting her here to stay. I know we have no way of TRULY knowing what our life will be like when she gets here, so I won't try. What I DO know, however, is that together we can handle anything. This will be no different.

Mickey D. said...

Well, now you made me tear up!

You're absolutely right. Thank you for being the voice of reason. And for being my rock.

Iris Took said...

Amazing to see you TWO DAYS IN A ROW!!! You look great :)

Wrestling Kitties said...

Oh My Gosh she is almost here!!!

This post made me smile. I am SO excited for the two of you and know this little girl is coming into such a wonderful family full of laughter and love.

"It was the last month of my life I can say that I didn't have a child. And come January we won't know life without her." That right there gave me the chills!

Kristi said...

Wow, you guys are going to be such absolutely wonderful parents. What a lucky baby girl!

I'm so excited! And I'm so excited I get to be a little part of the big news when she arrives. I've been working hard, trying to make it perfect, because you three really deserve it.

Heather said...

The mommy club grows with you. Now I look at moms with toddlers and give them the "yup, been there too" look when they are dealing with a tantrum. when you have your little bird with you in a store, you'll also smile at pregnant moms with a warm fondness and bittersweet knowingness of how great their lives are going to get. Being a mommy is the greatest adventure I have ever gone on and each day I am more in awe. I really loved being pregnant, but this journey gets better and better every day (well except potty training...I could do without that part of the trip:) Savor every second of every minute of very hour of every day with your baby!

Malissa said...

YAYYY!! how exciting. can't wait to meet her in pictures and to follow the documentation of what's to come!! if i don't tell you before she comes - have a great birth and delivery (i've never had this experience, as evidenced by the use of the word "great")

WSU Law School Profs in the News said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiny said...

So incredibly excited for you and Mike, Michelle:) You will be such amazing parents!!!