12.26.2009

Look what we made!

World: meet Stella Jane...

Born: December 22, 2009 @ 11:05 p.m.

Weight: 6 pounds, 6 ounces

Length: 19 3/4 inches

We named her Stella not necessarily after my great Aunt, but because of her. It was a name that we both liked and it just happens that I had a loved one with the same name. My Aunt Stella always called me "doll" and had an enviable costume jewelry collection. She liked the fancier things in life and had a great laugh. She never married or had any children.

The name Jane is after Mike's Godmother who was also the nurse of the doctor who delivered him and his 3 older siblings. His Mom befriended her after seeing the same doctor all those years. Coincidentally, she never married or had children either. (I hope we're not sealing this sweet little girl's fate.) We think it's pretty cool that we're honoring them both in this way.

We chose this name way back in July, the same weekend that we found out we were having a girl and we've never waivered on it. Not once. It's perfect. She's perfect. I can't believe I kept it secret for so long!

We are completely in love with this little girl. It's makes me cry to think about what an honor it is to be her Mom and what a special gift she has been to us already.

Look at her! Sigh. I think we'll keep her.

17 comments:

lisa said...

Wow!! She's gorgeous!! Where did you take her pic? It's fantastic! She has the sweetest pouty lips...:) Congrats!

Jamie said...

Oh my! Look at that face! I'm just thrilled for you guys, congratulations again and again.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Stella Jane is absolute perfection. She has the visage of an angel. :)

Congrats again, you two.
I'm so happy for you.

From our hearts to yours - MUCH LOVE.

:)

P.S. You know I adore her name. It's precious and I love it. (I had an Aunt Stella, too. I think it's law that every Polish girl in Ohio has an Aunt Stella, no?)

Sassytimes said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!

MD said...

I will take the liberty of answering the question about the photo. The hospital has allowed (read: rented out space to) a photographer to set up a little studio in the baby wing. The photographer left binders with pricing and packages for mothers interested in getting pics, and she then takes appointments for the photos. She does not have a studio outside of the two hospitals where she has offices/ studios.

Very convenient. Very well done. It is a great service that we took advantage of, and I am not sure we would have gotten professional pictures so close to her birth had the photographer not been there. She is not even a whole 24 hours old in the pic!

Traci said...

she is beautiful!

LOVE her name!

congrats....so happy for you!!!!

Wrestling Kitties said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the name and just can not wait to meet her, she is precious!

I am so happy for the two of you, congratulations!

Lori said...

She is absolutely beautiful! So precious and new! I just know you guys will have so much fun with her. ~Congratulations~

And the name Stella is awesome! But I'm partial to little girls with old-fashioned names. ;)

Unknown said...

What a lovely little girl :) Congratulations a thousand times over.

Sarah said...

Wow! What an awesome picture....maybe I'm a little sad I left so early!

She is simply perfect. I'm completely in love with her too, I'm not sure how I'm not knocking down your door daily.

And I'm still crying every time I think about her. What a treasure.

Congratulations!

Malissa said...

oh.my.gosh! she's so incredibly perfect!! so glad she is here and is already blessing us with cute pics.
(p.s. - i was born on dec. 22, but at 11:55 am! oh well, there was an 11 in there)

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

LOVE the name. I really love Stella (my gr-grandma was Stella) but I have a dog Ella and I can't use it!!! :( Boo-hoo. So I'm sooooo happy you picked it. Beautiful.... as is she!

Dri said...

Congratulations!! She is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Stella is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Congrats to the two of you. I know how much love our Lila has given us and I'm sure Stella will bring out the best in the two of you.

I know you'll be awesome parents.

Can't wait to meet her.


C

Iris Took said...

HOW EXCITING!! She's beautiful. Congrats you guys :)

Tiny said...

Yay!!! She is so absolutely beautiful, Michelle:) You and Mike do good work!

Can't wait to see her grow (via your blog of course)!

Congratulations again!

Jill said...

She's beautiful and I love the name!! Congrats!