12.10.2009

It's the final countdown.

Hold up both of your hands.

Fingers stretched out.

That's how many days we have left... 10.

TEN!

(theoretically.)

I'm still feeling good. Just large. But not so much in charge.

My calisthenics involve getting out of bed or off the couch. Three or four good grunts and an "ouch" and I'm up! From the main floor of our house you either have to go up or down steps to get to a bathroom, so my calf muscles are in really good shape right about now.

I'd say this poster accurately describes how I'm feeling with 10 fingers left to go: Pick an emotion, any emotion, and I'm feeling it. I've gone through this entire poster of faces over the last couple of weeks.

But, like boyscouts, I think we are prepared. We've got bags packed, Christmas presents wrapped, tree erected, a clean house, a finished nursery, books read, doctor's phone numbers on speed dial, all major baby "stuff" put together, car seat bases installed, basic knowledge of what to expect, video camera, regular camera, underwater camera, everything that will ever touch the baby has been washed, a dog sitter has been lined up, we've notified the authorities, stopped our mail, and told all interested parties that under no circumstances is there to be a wooden stork placed in our front yard.

Let me know if there's something I'm forgetting.

Bring on the baby!

4 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Congrats! How exciting. You look great!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

YOU DO look great! I cannot BELIEVE THAT MD3 IS GOING TO BE HERE SO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!

MD - please blackberry message me a photo upon your daughter's arrival. I'll be standing by!

YAY!

Sarah said...

I like this picture much better :)

Kidding...

Wow. This is unreal. Simply unreal. How did we get to this part of our lives so quickly?

I can't stand it!

I'm SOOO excited!

Traci said...

how exciting!!!! :)