8.29.2006

A crowd favorite.


So, the U.S. Open began last night. I'm not the world's biggest tennis fan, (I always watch the major tournaments) but oh how I love Andre Agassi! I've been a fan for nearly 15 years or so. He once was a bad boy with the long hair and the attitude, but he has become one of the most amazing people in sports. He is such a gentleman who is always respectful, gracious, humble and just a class act, win or lose. Such a great model for the up and coming athletes. I would guess that not too many people have a bad thing to say about this man.

And at 36, he's still got the desire and the love for tennis that many of his colleagues lose after they win a bunch of tournaments and money. He's still competing with the best of them and is still looking good. His first-round match against Andre Pavel last night was so great! But I only say that because he won.

So this is his final tournament. Ever. I'm sad. (Yes, I'll probably cry, cause I do that.) But what an awesome legacy he will leave behind.

Oh, and in about 15 years, look for little Jaden and Jazel to take over the tennis world. The first brother and sister duo team to win mixed doubles! Can't wait. I hope they look and act just like him. I bet they do!

GO ANDRE!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It's almost crazy how completely behind Andre the entire crowd was. At times, I thought they were a little rude to Pavel. I sorta felt bad for him.

(not that I wasn't right with the crowd - but tennis has always prided itself in good audiences)

Wrestling Kitties said...

I love Andre, but do not follow nor watch tennis at all! I follow the careers of atheletes I respect and Andre is one of them! I have loved him for so long and I loved both his "bad" boyness and the way he is now! Alas, I will unfortunatly not be watching tennis as I can not stand the game in the least...not even to watch an awesome athelete! I wish Andre the best and really would like to see, nah, hear that he won!!

Mickey D. said...

He's playing again today.

Keep your fingers crossed!!