8.08.2008

Positivity Pending.

I honestly never thought I would be able to type this on my blog, but I think we may have sold my house. I'm reluctant to type anything with certainty or excitement because there is still a 3-day window for them to escape and an inspection to pass. But papers have been signed and if everything goes as they are supposed to, then we have made our last mortgage payment. The buyer wants closing at the end of August.

It's been on the market since January 2007. That's 20 long, frustrating, maddening, disappointing, painful, sad, upsetting, hopeless months. I didn't even have one offer since it's been up for sale. And yes, we even buried the St. Joseph statue in the backyard. My dad was Catholic once so he presided over the burial to keep it legit. Then Mark, our third realtor, on a mission from Above, came down on a cloud carried by angels and sold the house in 10 days. (Pending, of course.)

What's ironic about this house is that it's initially one of the things my husband found attractive about me before we met. The fact that I was able to buy it on my own and live on my own was a major plus. A few months ago I asked him if it was still attractive to him that I had a house. He said no.

5 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

OH My!! I really hope everything works out!!

I think that house is WAY cute!

Malissa said...

i too hope that everything goes well! my fingers and toes are crossed!

Sad Panda said...

GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to find out the final decision!

Iris Took said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, did it sell?

MD said...

No word yet. We are past the 3 day window where the seller can weasel out. We are still inside the 10 day window for inspection. Though we are not expecting ANY issues with the inspection, anyone who has bought or sold a house knows that if someone wants out they can get the inspector to find something.

So we are still cautiously optimistic.