8.11.2008

We saw Chelsea, Lately.


In case you don't have a sense of humor and don't pay attention to things that are funny, the woman in the center of this photo is Chelsea Handler. As part of my birthday present, MD got me tickets to her show (her stand-up, not the one on E!) last Saturday. We also got the distinct pleasure of meeting her at a book signing at Barnes and Noble beforehand, as depicted above.

I would admit that Chelsea's humor isn't for everyone. She can be crass and inappropriate at times, but let me tell you, she was incredibly gracious. She did this book signing and spoke to everyone beforehand saying that she appreciated everyone coming out and buying the book and that she would stay as long as it took to get everyone's book signed. She also offered to stay after the show that evening and sign autographs. Most people would have gotten off that stage as quickly as possible and onto their fancy planes and would have told Rochester Hills, Michigan to kiss off. So you have to give her credit for that.

She was so fun to see in person. She's just hilarious and has such a natural delivery. It didn't feel like she was doing a "bit". I enjoy that. I'm a fan.

8 comments:

Lori said...

I adore her and her abrasive humor. She is hilarious. Was Chuy there?

Mickey D. said...

No, the little nugget wasn't there. Much to my husband's disappointment.

You can also kind of see various gift bags on the table next to her. Those are bottles of Grey Goose. One of them is from us.

Iris Took said...

She's great. I am also glad to hear she is gracious in person which makes her all the cooler.

Thanks for the review!

Sad Panda said...

I love Chelsea Handler! I love that you gave her a bottle of Grey Goose; that's so fantastic!

Malissa said...

she is absolutely hysterical in my book. that is so cool that you got up close (and perhaps personal) with her! fun!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I'm so sad I missed this.

However, Tamara told me she was happy that I decided to come to see her instead.

So glad you had a great time and your hair looks great in that picture.

MD said...

It does, doesn't it :). I was definitely having a good hair day.

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

I recently have been watching snip-its of her show. I think she's really funny. I enjoy sarcasm immensely.