9.09.2009

Just a taste.

I still need to weed through the photos and compose a post from our trip to Italy, so hopefully this will tide you over for now. Here is the four of us outside of the Coliseum in Rome - definitely one of the highlights of the trip.


Those two wonderful people on the right of the photo are my lovely, gracious parents. The two people on either side of the four of us are real Gladiators. The guy in the background wearing the brown shirt is a jerk.

You'll notice that we are wearing pants. That's because after the Coliseum we were headed to St. Peter's Basilica, in which you are not allowed to have your shoulders or knees exposed. Clearly this picture was taken early in our Coliseum excursion because by the end, my sleeves were pushed up and my pants were rolled up, because it was a cool 108 degrees that day (no joke) and we were wearing JEANS. Apparently every one else knew that they could wear shorts and bring pants to change into. We will remember that for next time.

On the upside, through this tour group we were on (Tauck - look them up, they were fabulous. I couldn't imagine taking a trip like this on our own), we were able to walk right past the line of people who probably waited two hours in line just to buy tickets. We were total VIPs on this trip, it was awesome!

More to come...

P.S. I HATE wearing flats!

5 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

HAHAHA "The guy in the background wearing the brown shirt is a jerk"

FUN! I am loving those Gladiators :) I can't wait to see more of the pictures!

And P.S. I am glad to see you have a floating baby on your blog! yay

Wendy said...

Those gladiators crack me up! The one on the right - where is his other arm? I hope he wasn't goosing your dad!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I loved seeing this picture! Awesome.

Can't wait for more.

This is a framer.

Iris Took said...

Awesome picture! Can't you photoshop that a-hole out?

Thanks for posting a pic. I would have DIED in 108 weather in jeans. DIED.

freckleface said...

What a fantastic trip! I've always wanted to go to all the places where The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons takes place. Very cool! Can't wait to see more pics!
(love the comment about the guy in the back)