10.16.2007

No longer in the middle

The time here at work is winding down until I go on bridal leave. I will soon be leaving as an individual with an alliterated moniker and will return as one half of a 'squared' couple. It's an interesting feeling. I'm not having the "whoa, I'm losing my identity" crisis, but it's still kind of perplexing to know that I won't be who I've claimed to be for the last 29 years, 4 months and 5 days. I'm stepping into the phone booth of life, ripping off my shirt and emerging as a whole new being.

Well, MM, we've led a good life. We've gotten this far without much complaint. Sure, I wish you had had more confidence in yourself and sure I wish you hadn't made some of those decisions and mistakes. But look where it's gotten us. All of life's trials and tribulations have led us to the MD life. And I see a lot of promise over there. There's much more happiness to be found and things to be uncovered. It'll be a whole new world for us. I know we're ready.

4 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Remarkably written.

Your sentiments gave me the chills. (Again.)

Sarah said...

you are so cool...i can hardly stand it. and I can hardly wait until sat!

Amber said...

Beautiful! Great things are on the horizon for MD. :-)

Sarah said...

By the way, I keep thinking about this post...I have all morning. I think it's my favorite ??? post of all time. :-)