11.16.2007

I guess the Thanksgiving spirit hasn't hit some people yet

Last night, on my way home from the store, I saw the gas station closest to our house had gas for $2.99. "Whoopee!", I exclaimed with jubilant glee. (Then I smacked my forehead because I've been tricked by the gas people into thinking that's cheap. Wah, wah, wah.) I pull up to the pumps and it appears that everyone is taking advantage of the (not) cheap gas, so I have to wait. No biggie. So I'm sitting there patiently waiting my turn at Pump 4 when the previous customer pulls out. Perfect, I had picked the right pump! She pulls toward me, so I have to wait for her to leave. Meanwhile, some skank in a dirty, crappy truck pulls into MY spot from the other direction. She totally saw me too. I inched forward almost hitting her to prove my point. She still pretended not to see me. The nerve! I was honked.

But here's where the story gets good:

So the skank has my spot at the pump, which apparently also angered the person in the maroon Rendezvous next to them, who knew I was waiting and witnessed the whole robbery. The Rendezvous proceeds to roll down its window and yell at the skank for taking my spot. It was beautiful! They were sticking up for me! I couldn't quite hear the exchange but I could see the skank mouthing "I don't care". The Rendezvous was the next car to leave so I pulled into that pump. The skank yells to me, "Is there a problem?" and me wanting to be all tough but knowing that she looks very unpredictable just decides to say, "Yes, I was waiting" and left it at that. I don't need to show up at Thanksgiving dinner with a black eye. As I'm pumping my gas I look over my shoulder and see the maroon Rendezvous waiting at the exit, either to make sure everything was ok or to extend a bit of road rage on to the skank in the truck as they exited the parking lot. Either way, the maroon Rendezvous was like my guardian angel, looking out for the little guy. So I guess the Thanksgiving spirit is alive in some people. I pumped my gas and got back in my car and with as much anger and spite as I could muster, I rolled down my window and gave her the biggest bird my middle finger could produce. That time she saw me. That made me feel better.

Thank you dear maroon Rendezvous, I appreciate your support. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving. I know on Thursday I will be thankful that there are people like you who truly care about justice.

10 comments:

Carla said...

The nerve of some people! You have my blood boiling with this post. What is it lately with rude drivers? First some skank stole your parking spot and now a skank stole your gas. I'm glad you had a guardian angel in the Rendezvous looking out for you.

I think I may purchase an old, crappy, beat-up car or truck so when people screw me over like this I have will not hesitate to bump them. Or better yet, I'll let the jerk in the green van side-swipe me when his lane is obviously about to end and he feels he can push me over to the curb, causing me to start honking my horn furiously at him in an attempt to wipe the smirk off his face. Go ahead, Mr. Green Ford Club Cabin Van Driver, try it again when I have my crappy new car. (Oh, Mr. Van Driver, remove your "Remember 9-11" firefighter window sticker until you figure out how to respect EVERYONE, not just firefighters.)

Grrr!!

Mickey D. said...

Seriously, rude drivers are running rampant these days. It's awful. Your experience is not fun either c, but hopefully writing it out provided you with some therapy.

It's been a bad week for driving.

Amber said...

I love that you called her a skank. Really, there's no other word for her.

Cool too that the Rendevous had your back.

I must tell you the 'Bacon, B*tch' story. Remind me.

Traci said...

great story!

and yes, stupid people behind the wheel are EVERYWHERE. it's so annoying.

i'm beginning to think that SOME people should have to take an IQ test before getting behind the wheel (usually the same people who should have to take an IQ test before pro-creating)

Wrestling Kitties said...

First, I didn't know if you knew this but I think yesterday was every asshole on the road day! They were some freak'n nuts out there last night!

How awesome that someone stood up for you!! That is great to know there are people out there like that! As for the skank (haha - loved that you called her that), she will get her karma for being such a rude person!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Um...welcome to getting gas in Mexico. People cut ALL the time. ALL the time. It's like they're chasing the gas pinata.

And, getting gas can sometimes take longer than 20 minutes.

Great story though, it was awesomely written. Part of me wishes you would have pulled a beater out of your car and wacked her behind her knees.

P.S. What exactly is the Thanksgiving spirit?

Mickey D. said...

Hee hee, I think Thanksgiving spirit is much like Christmas spirit. Being in a general good mood because it's a happy time of year filled with good tidings and thankfulness.

No really, I don't know, but I feel like people should be happy because Thanksgiving is a nice holiday.

Mickey D. said...

My story was more about how someone helped me out and less about the fact that the skank cut me off. That happened to me in the parking lot at work just the other day. I'm used to that.

I'm not used to people, who are not involved in the situation, get angry enough to yell on my behalf. I thought it was cool.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I agree with you. If only you could find the driver of the Rendezvous, to personally thank him/her.

Seriously, that's a "pay it forward" kind of moment.

And I agree - Thanksgiving should bring forth some good thoughts/actions from people. It's so weird how the holidays make some people just CRAZY, though.

Sarah said...

I enjoyed reading this more today than when you told me last night. You have a brilliant way with words (i.e. Skank, and I was honked.)