11.26.2007

Call it nesting if you must.

I am all about cooking right now. In years past, I wasn't much of a cook. Or maybe I was, I just didn't know it seeing as I was cooking for one and that ain't fun. Thanksgiving morning I got up semi early, made myself some coffee, turned on the Macy's parade and baked my ass off. I was making pies and casseroles and dips and probably could have made more but I thought showing up at my aunt and uncle's house with 4 things was enough. I didn't want to be the Grinch Who Stole Thanksgiving Cooking from anyone.

I got to use my new baking and cookingware that I got for the wedding. It was so fun. And I think everything turned out well, although I was a little disappointed in my pumpkin pie. Seemed kinda gritty to me.

Now I'm trying to plan what to make for Christmas. It will be interesting because we are traveling to Chicago. I guess I could make stuff when I get there, but that seems weird? Not sure what I'll do.

1 comment:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

How fun! I'm so glad you're enjoying cooking. New hobbies are fun.