11.12.2007

So what brings you two here?

I really enjoy traveling. It's always great to get outside of our four walls and experience life on four wheels. This weekend our travels took us to Chicago. More specifically, not downtown Chicago, but a suburb of. Our mission for this trip was two-fold, get our dog back and introduce ourselves to our Wii. We ate a lot of GOOD food, even some that didn't have skin in it! And hung out with the always fabulous brothers- and sisters-in-law.

You people got a Wii? If so, have you subsequently canceled your gym memberships? Cause I tell you what, I'm gonna Box myself all the way to the Mrs. Strong America contest. Got children with sloth issues? Buy them this thing and force them to play for two hours a day. After a month, you won't even recognize them. Nervous about those inevitable superfluous holiday pounds? Throw away your Cindy Crawford workout tapes and pop in Wii tennis. Same workout, and less annoying!

I may live to regret this, but part of me enjoys family drama. Where I come from, there's no such thing. Maybe because we're not a large family, maybe because no one really shares too much of their lives with each other, maybe because we've got our problems and don't care about anyone elses, but in any event, we've been pretty drama free. A certain wedding shower excluded. But family drama, in small doses, interests me. I don't need to be involved, I just like being a voyeur.

It's that time of year where we are thankful for things. I'm thankful that I have so many things to be thankful for.

7 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Now, I know NOTHING about "gaming systems", but is this Wii a.) made by Nintendo? and b.) the system one needs in order to play that guitar hero thing?

This sounds like SO much fun.

Mickey D. said...

A) yes, this is made by Nintendo. and B) no, you don't need the Wii to play guitar hero. Although, I believe there is a guitar hero-like game for the Wii? A different gaming system claims guitar hero.

It is a lot of fun. We laughed quite a bit this weekend.

And I'm not kidding, I sweated profusely while boxing. I'm sore from it. It's a workout.

Wrestling Kitties said...

I am glad you had a great weekend!

I have to say I don't think I have wanted a game system as much as I want this Wii!! I usually only play tetris on our nintendos, and now you can buy a hand held one for like $10 so the game systems don't ever interest me.

But oh this Wii....how exciting! THESE are the type of games I would love to play! And a workout in the process...well that sure wouldn't hurt!

MD said...

1) Guitar Hero is a game on many platforms including PS2, PS3 (maybe), X-box, and the Wii. Some companies focus on gaming systems and games (Nintendo has the Wii and any Mario based games). Other companies focus on games on and then make the game for the other platforms, hence how you get Guitar Hero on every platform. So yes there is GH for Wii, but no you do not have to have a Wii to be able to play GH.

2) Skinless food is good. Food with your wife's skin in it is great. (If you want to know, you have to ask my leperous wife)

3) Never, EVER, EVER throw away the Cindy Crawford tapes. Ever.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Thank you so much for the info. Sounds awesome.

And than you to M.D. #1.

The phrase "skinless food" is just disturbing.

Mickey D. said...

Hahaha! Well, you may be even more grossed out when I tell you it's my skin that we were referring to.

See, I am peeling and when I would make the Wii arm movements, the skin would fly out of my shirt and flutter down into the food. It wasn't like tons, but still gross enough that people stopped eating.

I found it kinda funny. Not sure everyone shares my sentiments.

MD said...

I didn't stop eating honey! I ate the sausage stars after you sloughed off a few layers of skin onto them. They were good.