3.20.2008

Competitive much?

I don't like basketball. I ex-pecially hate the NBA. I can usually tolerate this "maddening" college tournament to a certain extent. By that I mean I can usually get into the final half of the final game, if it's close. But this year I've decided to get over myself and I actually filled out one of those brackety things. Actually I did two. Even though the only knowledge I have about basketball is what team my husband likes (Indiana) and what team my Dad likes (Kent State). Other than that, basketball is sweaty tall men with squeaky shoes to me. Sure, I played basketball in sixth and seventh grade so I know the jist, but I'm guessing their objective is more than to make it past the half court line. But I could be way off.

Now that I have a vested interest, I cannot wait til the first game to find out how I did. My mom's and husband's co-workers are gonna feel like horse's asses when they see what they're up against. I didn't pick based on strategy because I have none. I chose based on the "feeling" I got from the team names. I'm sure I'll do awesome.

6 comments:

MD said...

Watch what you say wifey. I am from the heartland of basketball, afterall. You are destined for a life of biddy basketball and Indiana hoops. Accept it now, otherwise it is gonna be a loooooong life together :).

Mickey D. said...

I think the fact that I am participating this year and the fact that I even went to a game, means that I have accepted it.

MD said...

Begrudgingly, but yes, you have been pretty darn good about it. Admit it that you had fun at the game we went to! There was a half court made shot, a top 3 NBA pick, another first round pick (a 20 point-20 rebound game that game), and my team won by a route. It had everything!

And hotdogs.

B. said...

The people that don't know a thing win them often enough that you will probably win it all and they will all be mad at you because they studied and figure out strategies and whatnot

Sad Panda said...

That's the thing about basketball, you could have a strategy but if the other team has some component that yours doesn't have, even if you're the odds-winning favorite, you could lose it all. So maybe your feeling is enough to get you to win!

Wrestling Kitties said...

Good Luck!

I don't do this. It really doesn't keep my interest for an entire season but I think if T. did this I would want to compete against him to see who would do better!!!