3.10.2008

A montage without pictures.

Today marks my 5-year anniversary at my job. It's unreal. It's been quite the half decade. In honor of this day, I'm going to reflect on the last 5 years of my life. Because I so love montages, this will be a montage, just without photos. Imagine the Green Day song, "Hope you had the time of your life" in your head as you read this.

- I was 24 when I started, now I'm staring 30 in the face.


- Bought my first home. All by myself. Learned ALL about the joys of home ownership. Many valuable lessons learned. Too many, really.

- Traveled to Baltimore for a conference and felt very adult traveling by myself for the first time.

- Met and became friends with my co-worker S and we banded together against evil.

- Met 3 new friends in co-workers K, K and J. Shared many, many laughs together and developed wonderful friendships.

- Gave up trying to find The One. Seemed hopeless. Thankfully I had great friends and a house to focus on.

But wait...

- Thanks in part to K, met a lovely man by the name of MD. He seemed nice. We had quite a bit in common. And he has a great dog. Didn't much care for dogs, until I met this one.

- Traveled with my Mom to my Grandparent's Daytona Beach condo after not having been there in 15 years. It was pretty emotional, I have a lot of fun memories of that place.

- Kept talking to that MD guy. Was really starting to like him. He liked to go places and do fun things. Loved that. We made some trips to Chicago, one of my favorite cities.

- Met some of MD's friends and family members. Awesome people.

- Attended my first NFL game, live. Always wanted to do that.

- Went to Whitewater, Wisconsin with MD. Thought I would go to get some yummy cheese, and came home with a beautiful engagement ring! Cried.

- Met another new friend/co-worker A.

- Bought a wedding dress!

- Made another trip to the Daytona Beach condo. This time with the fiance.

- Traveled to New York with MD and the D's. Nothing better than a road trip with your man and your best friend.

- Fulfilled my dream of attending the Late Show with David Letterman. Got to sit in the front row! Cried.

- Thanks to my parents, had the most beautiful wedding a girl could ask for. And thanks to my new husband, had the most perfect day a girl could dream of. Cried.

- Officially became an aunt. And a "mom". And a sister. And owner of a second home. (Still have the first home. It's for sale if anyone wants to buy it. It is cu-ute.)

- Thanks again to my parents and mother-in-law, fulfilled another dream and traveled to the Big Island of Hawaii. Many wonderful memories were made on that trip. Flew first class for the first (and probably last) time ever.

- Celebrated our first Christmas together as a married couple.

- Cried.

Wow. Who knew so much could happen in 5 years? I guess life is what happens when you are sitting at your desk being a Marketing Coordinator.

12 comments:

Amber said...

I love this list! (And am so excited to be on it! At least, I think A. is me!)

Congrats on 5 years - this day is going to go down in history! :-)

Mickey D. said...

It IS you!

Tiny said...

Awwwwww.... M..... Totally made me miss you. I think a trip to Toledo is definitely in order soon.

Congratulations on your anniversary! They are certainly lucky to have an employee like you.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I am smiling, smiling, smiling.

I still remember the day I walked into your office. "I think we're neighbors."

Miss you friend.
Congrats on your "vest-ation", too. (Or however you say that.)

I'm so happy that life has turned out so happy for you. :-)

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(I felt there were several more things we needed to comment about what you've experienced while being at O.)

• Trying an alcoholic cookie. (Remember that!? Made by a certain N.C. at Christmas time?)

• 5 years worth of of uncomfortable birthday and holiday moments.

• REDEFINING the website as we know it.

My list could go on and on...)

Sarah said...

SO Cool. Lovely list. Wonderful achievements and experiences!

(I've never worked in the same place or did anything for 5 years, except for elementary school, but even then it was split between two schools!)

I'm happy for you. I think you're pretty much the most perfect bff ever, and I'm glad that I got to share in many of these things with you (even if some of them were just listening to the stories!)

Happy Anniversary :)

Mickey D. said...

Tiny - Thanks! Toledo is always here, swing by sometime!

Two Pretzels - Oh yeah, I totally remember you coming to my office and telling me that we were neighbors. That was a nice day. We were totally friends after that :)

Definitely many memories have been made in the last 5 years. Big and small. Too many small ones to count.

I found out that there's another perk to being here 5 years. More vacation time per month! Woohoo!

Mickey D. said...

Dr. Turtle - Aww, you're special! Thanks for the kinds words. And for being a darn good bff yourself :)

Wrestling Kitties said...

YAY!!! Congrats! :D

What a great list! Thinking of the fun times working with you and the girls make me smile!

I feel so lucky to have become friends with you and see how fantastic these past few years I have known you have been!!!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

YAY for more vacation time!!!!!

Hilary said...

M - Great list! Brought a tear to my eye. I'm so glad you met MD - seriously. And took pity on him and married him, lol! He got lucky with you, friend. Happy work anniversary!

Mickey D. said...

Hilary, you rock!

You all rock! Love you all!