4.15.2008

Call me Richard Simmons.

Once a year I usually find the motivation to exercise. Last night I found that motivation under the couch. It told me to get off it and do something. I usually listen to it this time of year because I'm tired of feeling like a bloated bubble of holiday treats. Which, let's face it, lasts a lot longer than just the holiday season. I can find plenty of holidays in which treats are plentiful between New Year's and mid-April - Valentine's Day, Easter, my Mom's birthday, my parent's anniversary, my husband's birthday, Thursdays.

So I took a nice jaunt around the neighborhood last night. We live in the perfect subdivision for walking and peering into neighbor's houses, which I rather enjoy doing. I'm not an illegal peeper, I'm just the friendly nosey neighbor who likes to judge your decorating taste and see what you like to watch on tv. Hey, if your door and window are open and you have your lights on at dusk, you're inviting this behavior. Blame yourselves.

And wouldn't you know, I actually feel good today. Between all of the gawking, I almost forgot I was doing something good for my body. Huh. It's amazing what a 30-minute walk can do for a person. Exercise. Who knew?

10 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Did you take the Nora-nator with you?

(Good for you!)

Sad Panda said...

hahaha, I know exactly what you mean and I completely agree with you; if the blinds/curtains are pulled from the window, you are inviting it. I also like to see the layout of people's homes, just to see if it's similar to the setup of my house.

Mickey D. said...

Sadly the poor dear can't take walks. Nora has a weak heart and can't do physical exercise.

I think next time I'll carry her in a purse. It's fun for her and it's like carrying weights for me.

Wrestling Kitties said...

FUN!

I agree, way fun to look inside other people's houses and see what they got going on in there! Most of the people where I live are older and leave their blinds shut....I think it is b/c if I walked by what I would see would be them looking right back out it me!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

You should ABSOLUTELY take her in a purse, that poor sweet thing. I bet she'd love it!

Iris Took said...

Good for you! I love it that the weather is finally getting nicer and we can take advantage of it.

Iris Took said...

ps - How did you get your links to other blogs to show up on your new template? email me!

Sarah said...

I think you should get one of those pet-stroller things for Nora.

That would be way cool.

and you wouldn't at all be in the same catagory as those people who use the pully back-pack things.

I kinda think I want one for Bob & Ozzy.

Tiny said...

Sounds like fun! Reminds me of the few walks we took... Very fun:)

Lori said...

I live for checking out other people's home decor. Whether they know it or not.

Back when I was waaaay younger and far more immature, eh-hem, we used to go around the neighborhood with our tv remote and change people's channels through their window. It worked most of the time and it freaked people out. We would also walk or drive around with our cordless phone and pick up other people's cordless conversations. I was such a little hooligan.