4.11.2008

inDecision 2008.

I'm in a serious internal struggle right now. I have been indecisive pretty much my entire life. I think? Maybe not. No, I have. This impending 30th whirl around the sun isn't helping because I feel like I have to have things just right for the big day.

Lately, I've been on an quest to find the right hairstyle, the right hair product, the right make up, the right weight, the right skin, the right clothes, the right attitude, the right experiences, the right look of this damn blog. All so when the big day comes, I can take a deep breath and say, "I'm ready".

I've decided this is my issue with turning 30. I've gotten over the fact that some may consider me old. It's not about that. It's about being a full-fledged adult. And I just hope I'm ready. But I don't think I am.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't think the dots are you either. It's nice, but I like the red better.

Dri said...

I like the black and white look.

A good updated look.

And, about turning 30 - well, as long as it's spurring you on to be a better person all of this self-evaluation is worth it.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I like the black and white look mucho. It's sophisticated and stylish. Just like you.

As far as your 30th birthday goes (and I know this is coming from a 28-year-old), embrace it. It's who you are. And the YOU that I know HAS the fantastic hair, the great body, the hysterically clever personality, the phenomenal creativity and the likability that is out of this world. (Not to mention the best shoe collection second only to Imelda Marcos.)

You. The way you are ALREADY is pretty fantastic. Don't believe me? Ask QUITE a few people. Starting with MD1 and Turtle Parade.

And, I don't think I'll ever consider any of us full-fledged adults.

Instead, we will continue to be the young, cool people we are today. :-)

Wrestling Kitties said...

well I don't think it can be said better then K! She is exactly right, you are pretty darn fabulous and I think you will be fabulous at any age!

And I LOVE the black and white!!!

Hilary said...

I like the black and white. And if it makes you feel any better, I'm scared sh*tless at the thought of being an adult :)

Traci said...

really like the B&W! it's very classy! :)

OK...here's my take on the whole turning 30 thing...I did it 5 years ago and it wasn't too bad. It was nice to finally be out of my 20's and to feel like an "adult". to this day i still don't know why turning 30 made me feel more like an adult...but it did.

i have decided - in my quest for the perfect hair, weight, wardrobe, job, etc - that perfection might not be attainable. so, slowly...i'm accepting that whatever makes me happiest is as close to "perfect" as i'm going to get.

30 is NOT old. it's wonderful.

[a personal note: i was Ok with 30. but this year, when i turned 35...oh my gosh. it was HARD. the stark realization that 40 is only 5 years away is a bit unsettling.]

Iris Took said...

Black and white is great! Love it, keep it!

Mickey D. said...

Oh, it totally looks fine in Firefox! I guess I'll have to use that from now on.