9.08.2006

Oh right, the Reunion.

Well, so last week was The Reunion. I was expecting much worse, but in all honesty, I didn't hate it. There was minimal "so, what are you doing now?" crap. Mainly because I just hung out and talked with my friends who already knew those answers. There were a few faces I did not remember and a couple of people who I didn't think would be there that were, that I was excited to see. All in all, it was a mediocre time. Very anti-climatic.

So, to answer those burning questions I posed last week, that you've all been sitting on the edge of seats waiting for...

  • Will anyone lie about their position in life? Um, to my knowledge, and those that I talked to, no one really appeared to lie about what they were doing these days. Rats! I thought I would uncover at least one fink.
  • Where will I sit? Well, I sat where I thought I'd sit. At the cool table. With my friends. Discussing (read: gossiping) about who was there. And yes, to my recollection, everyone sat with the same people they would have in the high school cafeteria.
  • Would I be nice to everyone? Of course I was. You don't get voted the Coolest by mouthing off and insulting people.
  • Are things still funny 10 years later? Um, not so much. As much as people wanted them to be, they just weren't.
  • Will people get into a fight? Sadly, no.
  • King and Queen? No. Damn it. I was a shoe-in if there was.
  • Can I retake my Senior Pictures? I have an appointment next Thursday.

Ultimately I discovered that 10 years does not really change people too much. Personalities are the same. And I didn't notice too many (if any) dramatic makeovers or makeunders. I wasn't surprised by much. Some people are married or engaged, some have kids, some are single. And others are happy, some are trying to be happy and some are just coasting. Oh well. What can you do? We're just a humble, middle American high school, that for one night thought we would reconnect, because it's just something you do. It happened. I lived it. Now I'm moving on.

But I will always have fond memories of high school. Cause I liked it. But I think I'll probably just take them with me and remember them on my own time.

Peace Out RHS.

2 comments:

Malissa said...

glad you enjoyed yourself. the "class reunion" is an interesting concept though; it's not like a holiday tradition, but it's an event constructed by people who give a crap, so the tradition continues. i wonder who thought the idea up?

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(can you take your senior pictures. that cracked me up.)