1.31.2008

after 9 months.

There was this one time where I felt as though my blog was lacking. It was fluff, it wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. So I went on hiatus. I wasn't sure I would ever return. I was content reading everyone else's and making clever quips on their entries. But then, something happened, something that jolted this blog recluse back into coherence. Although not earth-shattering, it was still something special. Something I had to talk about.

And tonight, it returns. It's all NEW and with the promise of 7 more to follow. This mediocre blogger is thrilled.

I'm still not overly pleased with the direction of this blog. But tonight's event coupled with the fact that we got a brand new couch yesterday and the potential for a hot, crackling fire makes me forget all about my woes.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

event?

Sarah said...

wait - this has to have something to do with those weird VHS tapes. I just know it.

Amber said...

I might have to start watching again since it makes you so happy. Anything that can get you blogging is worth it.

P.S. 'Mediocre' my butt.

Amber said...

P.P.S. You should put a picture of your new, fantabulous couch on your bloggy-blog-blog.

Sarah said...

ha...maybe I should be a better reader. and maybe I should follow links.

I'm sad. I thought it was something bigger :)

Mickey D. said...

Um, this is big. For tonight anyway.

Traci said...

oh yeah...IT. LOST. i'm somewhat excited, although after last night's "pop up video" episode....i don't know. and only 8episodes this time....darn writers strike!

Mickey D. said...

I kinda liked the pop-up video, it was a good way to recap things and helped explain what was going on.

Sometimes I need a little help :)

MD said...

No picture of the our "new, fantabulous couch" but how about a link?

http://www.furniturerow.com/group_detail/brand/sofa_mart/id/379/

We spent a large chunk of the evening vegging out and watching the event. I might add that the event was well worth the wait. However, the event added more questions but provided few answers. Damn them and their hook line and sinker.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Cute couch.
:-)

C. and I are having a LOST night tonight. So we can catch up.

(It seems like just yesterday we were sitting at work and you were reading the re-caps from season 1 online.)

And finally, I'm glad you're now re-inspired to blog.

Traci said...

you know, you could work the new couch into the title of this blog... :)

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(I believe we all really want you to title your blog.)

:-)

You're pretty much the clever-est person I know.