1.14.2008

Powerless.

We lost power last night for 2 hours. The whole street was out. I'm not sure why. But I do know that it's incredibly challenging to do anything in total darkness. I was folding laundry when the lights went out and since I had starting doing it, I had to finish. So I was folding by the light of my new LED flashlight* that I won in the office White Elephant gift exchange. That was a lucky pick!

The husband was en route for the first hour so I was left to my own devices. I was convinced that someone had done this on purpose so they could break in and hurt me. I had a whole escape plan developed and my phone was with me at all times. It was totally silent, which is a very uncomfortable feeling. I can't live without background noise.

I was scared. I was bored. I was cold. I still tried to do normal things, but it was impossible so I gave up, snuggled with the dog and we read InStyle.


*LED flashlights are awesome. No batteries needed. You just wind it up and it goes forever. Everyone should have one in cases like these. It gave me peace of mind to know that the batteries weren't going to die. Get one.

5 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

That WAS a lucky pick!

That stinks..but it sounds like you were prepared!!! And I am sure Nora was a good protector!! hehe

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I tell you what, that's good to know. I never knew an LED flashlight could be that useful. Had NO idea it didn't run on batteries.

That's amazing.

Perhaps we all need to go back to wind-up cars...

Mickey D. said...

It's true. Tres helpful.

Iris Took said...

LED, wave of the future. I am glad you are ok!

Traci said...

oh that would have been scary...i hate losing power!

isn't it amazing though how little you can really do without power?