1.07.2008

Mediocrity killed the cat.

I'm not great about blogging. I have no idea why. I love reading everyone else's but just feel a mental block when I go to write one. And then when I do write one, I edit and modify and rewrite the crap out of it. There's a lot of anxiety involved. A lot of anxiety I just don't need. But for those who are still reading this thing, here's an update:


  • We went to Chicago for Christmas to hang with the D family. It was lovely. Had a nice time. Although I was pretty sad being away from my family for the first time ever on Christmas, the D family managed to make it a little less sad because they are fun people who do fun things. They make me laugh.

  • The whole family went to see Wicked. While I enjoyed the singing and such, I just couldn't get into the story. I am a big fan of the Wizard of Oz and can't wrap my head around the Wicked Witch being anything but wicked. But it was well done and I'm glad I saw it. I have such a huge appreciation for people with talent like that. I'm so jealous of them.

  • I found out that I'm going to be an aunt! But this time I'll be a legit aunt, since this baby is coming after my induction to the D family. This will be the first family member that I have seniority over!

  • I was sad to see 2007 go. It was such a fabulous year for me. With the Wedding, Hawaii and seeing the Late Show in person, 2008 really has a lot to live up to.

7 comments:

Amber said...

I am definitely still 'reading this thing.' I'm glad you're posting again.

Tiny said...

I'll always check your blog too:)

Thanks for the update! Good to hear you had a wonderful New Years and congrats on becoming an aunt soon!

Wrestling Kitties said...

We are still reading no matter how frequently or infrequently you decide to post! You are too funny and clever in your writing NOT to keep reading!

I am glad you had a good trip! Congrats to the whole family...how exciting!!!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I always check the 'ole blog, as well...

When you do have something to say, it's always worth reading!

Iris Took said...

Nice update! Nice n' hearty!

Glad you saw Wicked, and Chicago is amazing! You are going to be an aunt, so you officially have pin! That is great!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(Do you watch Dave every night? Aren't you tired in the morning?

Traci said...

you MUST keep blogging. i do the same thing...write, edit, change, fix. and then i just throw up my hands and say "to hell with it". i spend all day editing things, i'll be damned if i'm gonna edit my blog that way too.

so, leave in the funny phrases and misspellings and all that. it's what makes a blog a blog.

and besides...we'd all miss your posts. :)