5.15.2008

Oh no you did'nt!

Our flight home from Vegas was definitely an interesting one. There was a 20-something guy sitting a row behind me in the middle seat. He was a somewhat bigger guy. (He was wearing a shirt that said, "I swear to drunk, I am God." That has nothing to do with anything, but it's stupid and I felt it worth mentioning.) An old man comes to his seat in the aisle next to the bigger guy, he puts his bags in the overhead bin and goes to sit down. Then we hear the comment heard around the world. The old man says to the guy in the middle, "You're in my seat... partially."

I swear to drunk, MD's and my face were as wide as could be. We could not believe what we had just heard.

The bigger guy says to the old man, "What the f--- do you want me to do about it?" This started a war of words. Things got ugly. The bigger guy wouldn't let it go. Comments and insults were flying like monkeys. "You're a dick!" "You're big." "You're a dick!" "You're taking up space on my seat." And so on. The old man called the flight attendant over and told her that he had a problem with this kid and explained that he was giving him crap.

Cut to five minutes later and in walks 5 Airport Administration bigwigs. The head bigwig said that if there was a problem, he would remove both of them from the plane. That shut them both up. And the old man said that as long as the kid "stayed" in his seat, there would be no problem.

I didn't dare look back at them after that, but MD and I thought it would be hilarious if the kid fell asleep on the old man's shoulder.

It was unreal. Have you ever seen/heard such a thing?

4 comments:

MD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MD said...

The best parts of the whole thing may have been the following:

1) The head "hard ass" that was laying smack down on the two gentlemen had a very prominent (how do I say this?) homosexual sounding voice. You all know the one I am talking about. His harshness sounded a bit strange, but it worked. So I don't judge.

2) The big guy was with a friend. The friend was average size. The friend sat by the window. Did said friend offer to switch seats with Biggie Not-so-smalls? Nope.

3) The old man telling his saviors from the sky, "Well he's not in my seat NOW, he moved when you got here!"

4) UNRELATED to that, the wastey-faced bimbo in pink rolling her drunkass down the aisles, stopping at our row (37), turning to the other side of our row and telling some girl in 37F that she was in her seat. Then following that with asking her companion that was no less than 40 years her senior "Wait, I think I forgot my seat number. What is it?" "48C?" "There isn't even a 48C on this plane!" No you drunk tramp, there isn't, they printed it on your ticket in plane code. 48C is actually plane code for 37F.

Wrestling Kitties said...

hahaha! Oh my gosh!

I guess that is what you get on the flight when you come back from Vegas!!

That sucks that his friend didn't switch. No one wants the dreaded middle seat on a plane!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I'm aghast.

Unbelievable.