5.13.2008

I left my heart in Las Vegas.

WOW.

We're back. We're back from what is quite possibly one of my favorite vacations ever. I heart Vegas, like, a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. Obviously it's not a boring city, that's been well documented, and we certainly found ways to keep ourselves busy until 4 in the morning (that's 7 a.m. Toledo time for all you geezers) almost every night we were there.

Everyone told me that spending 4 days there would be enough. I disagree. One more would have been nice. It's impossible to take it all in even over 4 days. Although there are many, these are a few highlights:

  • Cirque du Soleil's "O'. OMG! This show is one of those things that I will talk about for a long time. I was absolutely in awe of those people. They were catching each other with their feet. Their FEET! Who does that?

  • I quite literally almost ran into Shaquille O'Neal. I was taking pictures of a ceiling and he came around the corner and startled me. MD and I chased him out to the street but could only get pictures of the back of his head. Good Lord is he enormous.

  • Playing and WINNING at Blackjack! I didn't think I would care about gambling, until I won. In the end, I won about $150 more than I started with. Small potatoes to some, but to me a victory!

  • Being drunk on the streets of Vegas with some really good friends at 3:30 in the morning.

  • The crepes at the Paris hotel.

  • Eating high on the hog at Sensi at the Bellagio.

  • Wearing fur coats and hats and doing shots of vodka in a 0 degree room at the Red Square bar.

  • Shopping at Tiffany's for my 30th birthday gift!

  • Keeping it real and eating at Denny's 3 times.

  • Partying at the Palms with our other friends who just happened to be in Vegas at the same time.

  • The Miami Vice drink in the large replica of the Eiffel Tower "glass".

  • People watching. You really see all kinds in Vegas. ALL KINDS. I bet it's the most demographically diverse population in all the land. I can't tell you how many fanny packs, super mini skirts, Jimmy Choos, implants, and oxygen tanks we encountered.

  • "O"

I just loved it there. I would highly suggest going at least once in your life. It's a FANTASTIC spectacle.

8 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Great review. So glad you had a good time!

Sad Panda said...

That sounds like so much fun!!

Wrestling Kitties said...

I am glad you had such a blast!! That sounds like alot of fun :)

Amber said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it - now I'm itching to go back! This Red Square bar you speak of intrigues me!

Iris Took said...

YES! POST THE SHAQ PIC!

Malissa said...

glad you had a blast! my first meal in Vegas was Denny's - funny. and, also, i'd give my left pinky to see the "O" show....i NEED TO FORCE my friends to meet me in Vegas for my birthday.

Mickey D. said...

Trophy: When's your birthday? I would totally go and celebrate with you! I know we've never met, but I'm sure we'd have fun because Vegas is cool and we both blog. I'm itching for a reason to go back!

And you simply MUST see O. I would be mad at you if you went to Vegas and didn't see it.

Traci said...

sounds like fun. :) especially the shopping at Tiffany's part!