9.24.2008

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes.

As some of you may or may not know, my husband was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes 10 years ago. He blogged about his experience, which I encourage you to check out here.

Again this year, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation is holding a Walk to Cure Diabetes on October 4th. Please visit his blog to learn more about Diabetes and how you can help work toward a cure that is within reach.

http://occasionaloutlook.blogspot.com/

With much gratitude,
MD squared.

3 comments:

Iris Took said...

I will be supporting you virtually (since I will not be in Toledo). Hopefully, there will be a great turnout!

Mickey D. said...

Thank you for your support, Iris!

It is much appreciated.

Lori said...

This is a cause very close to my heart, as well. My aunt was diagnosed with Type I diabetes when she was in her early twenties, and is now 56 years old and doing quite well, thanks to the kidney that she received from my mom.

We just had Rhys' first birthday party last weekend and, in lieu of gifts for that spoiled rotten child, we asked everyone to donate to JDRF.