7.06.2007

Pack it up, pack it in.

So tomorrow we take off for NYC. We’re staying in the lovely (I hope?) borough of Queens. (I quite like the word ‘borough’.) We’ll be 4 crazy midwestern kids left to our own devices in the man-swallowing metropolis of New York. It’ll be nothing if not an adventure, all activities aside.

The last time I was in New York, it was 11 years ago. I went on a bus trip with some of my family. We saw Broadway shows, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and went to the top of the World Trade Center. Interesting. I wonder how much of it I will remember once we're there. If I had my Mom's keen sense of direction, I would remember exactly where everything is and how to get there. Alas, I do not have that talent. Not even kinda.

I'm excited for all of it. Everyone is. It should be a blast.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I hope you have a blast! And that David Letterman is as cute in person as he is on TV.

Wrestling Kitties said...

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!!! I can't wait to hear ALL about not only the trip but David Letterman - YAY!!! Enjoy :-)

Tiny said...

Have fun!!! I'll be watching for you!

Malissa said...

have a super fun time! have fun on the DL show, i can't WAIT to hear all about it.

Amber said...

Can't wait to hear how the trip went!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Cannot WAIT to hear about your travel.