6.17.2008

First post in my 30's!

Well, it happened. I turned 30. I am 30. I tell ya, it would have been a lot harder to be 30 had it not been for my wonderful husband and hilarious friends. My birthday celebration was entirely too much fun. The evening started off with our own personal wine/beer tasting at The Vineyard. Then the limo(!) picked us up there and we headed to Poco Piatti for dinner. What a lovely little place that was. With lovely little food and lovely amounts of booze. After that we drove around in the limo and hit some of our favorite hot spots. Dale's, of course. Then Bar Louie. Then Will the limo driver took us home and my husband had to check my pulse. And A. ate all my nachos.

I am so thankful to everyone for making my 30th so memorable. I could not think of a finer way to ring in my 30's than with good friends, good food, good drinks and so many laughs. I love you all.

And thank you to Turtle Parade for being camera-obsessed and taking so many pictures! Some of which I will share and some of which I shall not.
Group shot at Poco Piatti. I love birthdays!


For some reason, we all just happened to have our mouths wide open in this picture? No idea why, but we thought it was funny.

Here I am letting everyone know how old I am.

I would like everyone to know that my dress had pockets which I thought was super cute. I did NOT think it was super cute that the limo driver kept shutting the door on me (on accident) every time I tried to get out of the limo. And I really didn't think it was cute when I told him to stop it but then C. would run around and do it himself because he thought it was hilarious. This happened at least 4 times.

For my gifts I got the beautiful Tiffany necklace that we picked out in Vegas. And in August, MD and I are going to see my new best friend, Chelsea Handler, in Michigan. Nora was also kind enough to get me Chelsea's two books. I've already finished them both. I think that broad is hilarious! I cannot wait to hear her stand-up.

Yay! Happy Birthday to me!

7 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL evening!

Glad you had a fabulous birthday!!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT night.
Pockets in dresses are fun.

I love Chelsea Handler, too.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

(I like the picture where you're letting everyone know how old you are.)

Traci said...

looks like a good time!

glad you had a good 30th!

Sad Panda said...

Aww, awesome birthday! I wonder which pictures you didn't share with us, haha!

Iris Took said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Sarah said...

seriously one of the best nights ever.