6.23.2008

I am 30 + one week.

What's better than having a fabulous birthday party for your 30th birthday?... Having a second fabulous birthday party for your 30th birthday the following weekend!

I got to celebrate being 30 one more time. MD and my parents sneakily collaborated and threw me a surprise birthday party on Saturday. I certainly wasn't expecting another one, but I would never say no to a party! This time, my whole family was there. Both sides of my family. Just like my birthday parties used to be back in the day. It was so great! I definitely cried.

After having been lied to numerous times by numerous people, I walked into the bar to see 30 people dressed in white t-shirts that my Mom had gotten made that said, "Michelle is XXX ... holy crap, she's 30!" Even those without a sense of humor would find the hilarity in seeing my 80+ grandma and great aunt wearing a "holy crap" t-shirt. It really doesn't get much funnier than that.

Thank you to my husband who really is amazing and thoughtful, and one hell of a party planner! (I love that guy.) And thank you to my friends who came to celebrate my birthday yet again. I am still humbled that some of you showed up two weekends in a row. That's awfully fantastic.

I'm pretty sure everyone is over my birthday at this point, but for those who aren't, lemme know how you want to celebrate my birthday next weekend!


Oh, Two Pretzels, I loved the invite you designed! Thank you for having a part in this! And for lying to me as well.

4 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I'm so glad you had a GREAT time and that you were surprised, yay! I would imagine that EVERYONE in attendance loves you to pieces so partying your honor two weekends in a row was their pleasure. I'm so sorry we couldn't be there... But I'm THRILLED that your fantastic husband asked me to be a part of the whole shin-dig via invitation-making.

And you're welcome. It was my pleasure to lie to you. ;-)

Wrestling Kitties said...

What a lovely surprise!!!

Tiny said...

Wish we could have been there! Glad to hear it was awesome!

That's quite a husband you have...:)

Lori said...

Good for you! What an awesome thirtieth you had, surrounded by loved ones. Sounds like a blast. I would've cried, too!