6.09.2008

This is it.

This is the last week I will be in my 20's. The phenomenon that was my twenties will be no more.

All I keep thinking is, HOLY CRAP! In fact, on my work calendar, I wrote "Holy crap, my 30th birthday" on June 15. You know, in case I forget. It's just so weird.

I have to share my day with my cousin who has the same birthday (when he's thirty 11 years from now, it can be his day, but for now, it's mine), Fathers everywhere, the aftermath of wild Flag Day celebrations, and my other cousin's graduation party. Boo. And here I was thinking that the world cared that it's my birthday. Nope, it's just going about its business like I'm not even gonna be 30. Whatever, cruel world. What.Ev.

I feel like I need one last hurrah. One last testament that being in your twenties is carefree. Hmm... well, we are contemplating going to a MudHens game tomorrow... I'm envisioning hot dogs, lots of beer, clothing removal, running, turf between my toes, and an arrest. That would really cap off this crazy ride.

11 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I say go for it.

Nothing says goodbye to your 20's like an arrest.

Make sure md takes photos.

Mickey D. said...

Ha! Photos... bah. I hope it's on the jumbo-tron.

I feel the "I'm almost 30" excuse would get me off scot-free.

MD said...

I hope you know a good attorney.

Traci said...

you could always get a tattoo and then say "well, i got it before i was 30!". :)

regardless of what you do to celebrate...i hope you have a great 30th this weekend.

Lori said...

I can't think of a better way to say good-bye to your twenties. Or to your clean criminal record.

Hilary said...

I vote for the tattoo! Although if you end up on the jumbotron, be sure to tivo it so i can see it!!!!

Sarah said...

I'm just shaking my head. You're too funny. That would be the day...

Malissa said...

let those 20's go out with a bang!!

Wrestling Kitties said...

Go for it!!! Your almost 30 excuss would totally work!!!

Iris Took said...

Happy almost Birthday to you.

I will be celebrating for you in Vegas :)

Mickey D. said...

Iris, you're going to Vegas!? Aw man! I wanna go!

Have a hoot! And tell Shaq I said hi.