6.06.2008

My List. 74-50.

74. New Year's Eve 1999 and the eye patch I thought I would have to wear to ring in the new Millenium.
73. Vegas.
72. Walking into my first house and knowing that I bought it all by myself.
71. My first day of my first job out of college at The Toledo Zoo.
70. Hawaii, on the last night of our honeymoon.
69. Ice skating with my whole family on the river behind my Grandparent's house.
68. Ho-ho cake.
67. Finally passing my driver's test after 3 tries.
66. The first time I got drunk. On screwdrivers. In a trailer.
65. MD reciting his vows to me.
64. Opening my birthday card on my 12th birthday and having 2 New Kids on the Block tickets fall out.
63. Sarah and I getting our braces on the same day, sitting side-by-side.
62. Playing 31 at the holidays.
61. Proudly wearing my turquoise Converse, thinking I was hot stuff.
60. Bagel and Deli. Banana surprise.
59. Going through the entire dark room process of developing film in photography class.
58. My Dad laughing hysterically at the scene in the Money Pit where Tom Hanks falls out the window and gets covered in paint.
57. My tulip garden.
56. Writing for the college newspaper and seeing my name in print.
55. Piano recitals.
54. Chamonix, France.
53. Walking into Kroger on June 15, 1999 and buying my first 6-pack of Bud Ice.
52. Feeding bananas to the giraffes and mints to the rhinos because I made friends with the zookeepers.
51. The way his sister screamed when we told her we were engaged.
50. My proudest moment in college... the time my professor handed my paper back to me and said, "Judging by what you wrote, I can't tell whether you read the assignment or not. And since I can't tell, I had to give you an A. Good job!" I had successfully BS'ed the paper to the point where I was actually making sense.

2 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

Mrs. D these are SO fun! I may have to give this try!!

Malissa said...

so funny...from list one and list 2 we have two odd family food items in common.
my mouth waters and my tummy gets hungry every time i imagine my family's recipe for chicken paprikash.
also, EVERY year my twin and i get Ho Ho cake for out birthday.
both are SOOOO incredibly bad for you but OH SO GOOD!