11.23.2010

Because I like you guys.

I'm definitely not a cook. But I do consider myself to be a good appetizer/dip maker. Make what you love to eat - isn't that what they say? Well if they don't, they should.

Wanna dazzle your family at Thanksgiving? Make this. It's an appetizer. But it's the appetizer to end all appetizers.

Goat Cheese Torte

You'll need:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces goat cheese, softened
1/4 - 1/2 cup pesto - patted dry
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes packed in oil - but "dry" them off as best as possible
1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
....

Once softened, mix the cream cheese and goat cheese together. Stir in garlic. Line a medium sized bowl with saran wrap in both directions. Put one layer of cheese mixture on the bottom. Spread half of the pesto mixture on top. Add another layer of cheese mixture. Put layer of sundried tomatoes. Put cheese mixture on top. Spread remaining pesto and top with leftover cheese mixture. Put fresh basil leaves on top if you're feeling fancy. Serve with crackers. Water crackers are my fave.

I usually get too heavy-handed with the garlic. I just made this and my sinuses are now uber clear. On the plus side, the vampires will leave me be. For once.

---------------------------------

Also, try this for your next football party. Or for your next lunch.

French Onion Dip

1 block of cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed French onion soup, not the powder stuff
1 cup mozzarella cheese
....

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese and soup. Add mozzarella cheese, but save some. Bake for 30 minutes. With about 10 minutes left, top with remaining cheese. Serve with bread pieces.

I don't even like onions, but I eat the ever-living crap out of this. It's phenomenal.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Written Permission said...

OMG. My whole mouth is filled with saliva. (Ew.) These look FABULOUS. If we weren't celebrating at an indoor water park this year, I'd totally bring these to Christmas.

Wrestling Kitties said...

These sound AWESOME!!

We have a couple snacks on Thanksgiving and eat later in the evening.....these would be perfect and I think that goat cheese torte is a MUST.

You do make some good appetizers....your meatballs are fantastic!