11.13.2010

Wie Gehts!

We're back from our min-vacation to Little Bavaria. What a charming place! I was there once about 20 years ago but remembered very little. If you don't like cheese, salty meats, bakeries, fudge, pretzels, lederhosen, or Christmas, then this place isn't for you.

This trip made me realize that I don't take nearly enough photos. It's hard. I want to enjoy the moment so I take any pics, but then I get home and wish that I had taken more. I need to get famous so the paparazzi start following me capturing life's moments for me.

---
At the Frankenmuth Brewing Company. Did I mention this town also has lots of beer? You gotta love that about zee Germans.


Stella checking out the menu. While stuffing her face full of edamame.

Posing with a Bavarian pretzel. So delicious! And the mustard dip they serve with it? To die for.

You can't put anything in front of this kid without it going in her mouth. It's like she's taunting us in this pic. "What, I'm not supposed to drink this? I'm not drinking it, Mom, relax. I'm just putting my mouth on it. Look, I'm not even using my hands!"


"Now I'm using my hands."


Ok, this place was like the mother ship calling me home. A whole house full of cheese! Everywhere cheese! I think we got about 7 different kinds - salami and cheese cheese, maple syrup cheese, 12-year aged cheddar, just to name a few. They even have chocolate cheese. They really need to look into making this a chain.


Stella and the big guy at Bronner's, the world's largest Christmas store this side of the North Pole. It was just us and 25,000 of our closest friends.


"Hey Santa, wanna see my cups?"
We don't go anywhere without these measuring cups/spoons. Is it weird that her security blanket is plastic measuring cups? Hey whatever, dude.


Me and Stella in a rare photo together.


What a perfect little getaway weekend. Think we're gonna make this an annual family tradition.

5 comments:

Malissa said...

hysterical that she carries cups with her at all times. and, great idea about becoming famous so that the paparazzi take the photos for you! why didn't i think of that myself?

Iris Took said...

Fantastish! Das ist so geil!

I LOVE Stella's face in the first Santa picture.

Glad you had fun.

Wendy said...

I like anything 'haus.'

Stella's so stinking cute! And so are you, missy! Look at those boots! I love them.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Your boots are GREAT.

(And I LOVE all of these pictures and have always wanted to go to Little Bavaria. Fun!)

Wrestling Kitties said...

What great pictures!!

I have never been there, but have always wanted to check it out. It looks like the D. family had lots of fun!