11.06.2010

Clockwatching.

Remember: the clocks go back an hour tonight. You don't want to be that person who shows up early - or is late? - to your Sunday brunch.

I can't remember, is this when the college students riot or is it when we spring forward? Did your college ever riot over clocks? Mine did.

I'm curious to see if the horror stories are true about babies and daylight saving time. I guess the happiest babies (and parents) live in the parts of Indiana and Arizona, where daylight savings doesn't exist.

I heard that if you have an iPhone you'll have to manually change the time on it... I beg your pardon?.... you can turn off my oven and knit me a damn sweater but you can't automatically adjust to the time change? Shew.

Happy extra hour, (although is it really an extra hour if we've already lost an hour this year? I think we're just evening out) y'all!

4 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I will tell you that we did the time change last week and it made virtually no difference in Lila's life.

I mean, none at ALL.

Wanna know why?

On Sunday, we took her out and about and kept her up an hour later than we normally do (before her nap). She then slept her regular amount and bam! We were adjusted.

It was painless.

BEST of luck!

Unknown said...

No one told Zofia she could sleep an hour longer.

Written Permission said...

What?? The iPhone doesn't automatically adjust?! That's ridiculous. My Droid flipped at midnight. Totally lame, Apple/AT&T.

Does it automatically adjust for time zones when you travel cross-country?

(T and I are walking our neighbors' dogs today, and had a lengthy debate last night about whether we were supposed to walk them at the "new" 11 a.m. or the "old" 11 a.m. I think those Indiana/Arizona folks are smart -- this time change thing is for suckers.)

Good luck with Stella!

B. said...

bb woke up just after the new 5am, to him it would have been just after 6am his normal time. He went to be a little earlier than normal, but slept extra and seems to be on track now.