11.08.2010

Coco nuts.

I feel that late night television is one of the few funny things on tv today*. (Modern Family and How I Met Your Mom aside.) I appreciate good comedic timing and the art of telling jokes. I like things funny.

Over the summer there was quite the debacle between Conan O'Brien, NBC and that other guy. Conan was pushed out. He was royally effed over and someone probably punched his dog too. I don't care what Leno would have you believe, he worked a deal to get the Tonight Show back. It may not have happened the way he thought it would, but he reneged on his retirement and kicked Conan right between the legs. If I didn't already dislike Leno, this would have done it.

But tonight Conan returns. You gonna watch? I'm with Coco. For tonight anyway. I'm still all Dave, all the way.



*This obviously does not include Jay Leno. I said funny.

9 comments:

Iris Took said...

I thought of you the other day when someone said they thought Dave had a certain APPEAL and the woman she was talking to was totally grossed out. I was, of course, eavesdropping and loving the entire conversation.

Written Permission said...

I have to admit...not a Letterman fan. (But neither am I a Leno fan, so I hope we can still be friends.)

BUT. I'm totally all about the Coco. (I agree -- he got TOTALLY screwed.) Since I'm apparently 90 and can't stay up past 10 p.m., I will be watching his first show on the ol' DVR tonight. :)

Jamie said...

team coco!!!

Mickey D. said...

WP - We can still be friends. As long as you don't find Jay Leno funny, we're cool.

freckleface said...

Team COCO all the way. We gingers have to stick together!

Wrestling Kitties said...

I looooove Conan! So glad he is back on TV!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Jay Leno is a creep.

Dave Letterman is adorable. (However, I have to say, infidelity always annoys me. I know it's everywhere... but at least I didn't know about it before.)

Am I the only person who likes Craig Ferguson?

Wrestling Kitties said...

Ky, I ADORE Craig Ferguson!!! He is the best.

Mickey D. said...

I, too, love Craig Ferguson! He's probably my #2.

Plus I love his theme song.