11.14.2010

Haircuttery.

How much is too much to pay for a haircut? My gal is rather pricey. I think she just became co-owner of the salon, which means I pay... too much.

I only get 4 haircuts a year, I wait 3-4 months in between because I refuse to pay $60 for a trim. A trim. Who's dropping dimes on trims? We ain't the Rockefellers. If I'm paying $60 for a haircut, then I'm getting my gosh-darn hairs cut. I can't stand paying that much and have people not be able to tell. Seems like such a waste. I'm paying $60 bucks for attention! No one wastes time on complimenting a trim.

Now granted, she does a decent job. And I'm pretty sure I would pay the $60 just to have my hair washed. They do a little head massage while they wash - it's yummy.

So tell me, am I being taken? Is it time to find a new person? Ugh, I'm so bad at breaking up with people.

8 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

When I go to m lady in Ohio (twice a year?)I never leave spending less than $150.

HERE, I just had my hair cut and colored by an English-speaking American with a great in-home salon and it was ONLY $80. (With tip - $100.) (She moved her salon into her home and her prices decreased... I also get my hair done every six months... if I'm being honest.)

Malissa said...

like you, i get the hair did about every 3 months. i live in the armpit of america (i do believe these things vary based on region) and i pay about $75 for haircut and color. i know, i know - but you don't wanna live here.

i believe you are not getting taken if you like the quarterly results. with a haircut, i'm going to say you get what you pay for. you COULD save some money, but you COULD then look like a fool. just sayin'.

The Velveteen said...

"Who's dropping dimes on trims?"

hHAhahaha, Hate to say it, but 60 bones is a lot. I got a "do" cut off 2 feet of hair, a blowout (oh behave), and a good head massage for 70....just sayin, and my dude is the tits.

Jamie said...

that's about what my girl runs, which is why i haven't had a haircut in SIXTEEN MONTHS. does that make you feel better?

Sarah said...

That's about what I pay when around here. But I just got my hairs cut in AZ and it cost me $35. Nice. And I like it.

Written Permission said...

Here's what I'm saying: Unless you need color done (in which case I think it pays to...um...pay), go to a walk-in place, pay $25 and then go get an actual massage. :)

Wendy said...

I spend WAY TO MUCH on my hair! I just dropped $125 (I KNOW!) for color and trim. TRIM! However, I can't go to anyone else because I've been seeing my gal for ages (eight years) and she knows me and my hair. If I'm just getting it cut, it's $60 every six or 8 weeks. But, I love the results each time.

Wrestling Kitties said...

$15 bitches!!!

Ok, after my last few not so good cuts I have been going to nicer places to get a cut. My last 6 month cut was $28 plus a tip and it was good. I can spend that much twice a year!

As for color, I go to Sally beauty and get the Ion cream color and it works really well. Haven't had an issue (like with the boxed stuff) since I started using it a couple years ago.