11.15.2010

Sometimes myself annoys myself.

My cousin moved to India today. She quit her awesome job with a major company in Chicago to teach art at an all boys elementary school.

India.

While it's not a move that I would ever make, I'm jealous of her courage. If I have one regret in life it's that I've never moved out of this area. Lest you think I'm not grateful for what I have, don't get it twisted, I have a great life here. I know this. And I'm thankful for it everyday. I just wish that my 23-year-old self had packed it up and taken this show on the road when it had the chance.

Sometimes I let myself think about this too much. And Facebook doesn't help. I see all of these people from high school living all across the country and I wonder why I'm not one of them. I don't hate Northwest Ohio, I hate that I don't know anything else.

Woe is me, right? Someone slap me.

6 comments:

Malissa said...

you don't need slapped! it's normal to think the way you do. maybe someday you'll have the opportunity to take it on the road and change up the scenery? weirder things have happened.

Written Permission said...

I agree with TL: No need for slappage. My husband gets this wanderlust every six months or so, and I balk because...family is nearby-ish. What would we do in California? Or Florida? Or Texas, for the love?

Still, I definitely get it. And like Ms. TL said, you never know what the future holds.

Sarah said...

I'm so the opposite of you on this.

I can't even imagine living somewhere else. I really don't think I've ever wanted to.

I LOVE to visit other places. But this is home.

Wrestling Kitties said...

TOTALLY normal to think like that! But then you also think what if you did go somewhere and never met the people in your life right now because something changed for you. You may be blogging but with way less cooler people then now. That would be no fun....for any of us ;)

India though! WOW, that is awesome and crazy all in one. Good for her!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I hear you loud and clear and I don't think you're abnormal at all.

When we're all settling down in our 40's - you and the fam are going to move to some place great like Hawaii or something. Just wait and see...

Sarah W said...

Dude, I totally did the move away thing, and alas, we are back. It was cool, for a minute, but home is always HOME. Plus, there's plenty of time for an adventure, should you decide you definitely need one.

I think we'll retire in Montana. :)