11.18.2010

Sweet revenge.

In October the whole D family gathered for the bust-your-gut Fall Festival in the 'ville. It's an annual fun family tradition complete with Pronto Pups, corn fritters, deep fried everything, sausage and cheese on a Donut Bank donut (my new fave!) and hundreds of other fat-laden, delicious food items.

Ever since we found out we were having a girl, my sister-in-law Kate and I have been excited for our girls to do things together. We're seeing to it that they become best friends.

So after a gorging at the Fall Festival in 90 degree heat, we decided to give our kids a bath.

Kate and I looked at each other. "You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? Yes! A bath! Together! Cousins!" This is the kind of stuff friendships are built on.

So in they went.

I also got in (clothed). It's a big tub with a seat, plenty of room for three. Everyone gathered around with cameras to witness this monumental event.

Tess is a little more than 2 years old and Stella was a little over 9 months. So there's a sizable difference between them. We washed hair and played around a bit. Tess was rinsing her hair with a large cup, she dunked it under the water to fill it up and then... threw the entire cup of water directly in Stella's face.

Oh boy.

Stella was stunned. STUNNED. And then she lost it. Tears were everywhere. She couldn't believe that her best friend had done this to her.

So I picked her up and put her on my lap, trying to comfort her.

And then it happened.

She did the only thing she could do to retaliate.

She peed.

Stella peed on Tess.

Because she was sitting on my lap, the pee was able to take a nice, boy-like trajectory all over Tess, and my pants.

We roared. No one was expecting it. Least of all Tess.

Needless to say their bath time together was cut short.

So our first attempt at getting our kids to be besties didn't exactly go the way Kate and I had planned. But it's going to be so fun telling them that story someday when they are older and having a sleepover together.

7 comments:

Written Permission said...

This really made me laugh a lot. :) HA! I love that your little Stella (still so loving that name, BTW) refuses to take sh*t from anyone, even if it's her older, supposedly BFF cousin. Great story to tell potential suitors in the future, too. :)

MD said...

I think my sweet wife had hoped that there wasn't an ornery gene. This story demonstrates that there is. No paternity test necessary, that girl is mine.

Sarah said...

This still cracks me up! It's classic.

Sassytimes said...

That may be the funniest kid story ever. Love it.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Ha! LOVE IT! (I love that they'll be best friends, totally.)

Unknown said...

Poor Stella has many years to come of being dumped on by the older cousin, but something tells me she may be able to hold her own. :)

Wrestling Kitties said...

HAHAHAHA! I am loosing it on this side of the computer screen.

HILARIOUS!

Not only is the story itself classic and hilarious I just love the way you tell it!!

That'll learn her cousin....you throw water on me then look out :)

What a fantastic story! HAHA