11.03.2010

Kind of a big deal.

My husband had a great day yesterday. He earned a big promotion at work. BIG. All of those long nights, weekends, early morning meetings, last-minute European trips, headaches, extracurricular work activities, dinners that we ate together as a family in his office and years of schooling and test taking finally paid off for him.

He came home last night with a smile on his face so big that it brought tears to my eyes. He looked truly happy. It was amazing.

So I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I'm incredibly proud of him. And I appreciate all he has done to provide a nice life for our family. And that I wish he could find better places to celebrate than Red Lobster.

11 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

YAY! That is WONDERFUL! Congratulations MD! YAY!

Wrestling Kitties said...

YAY YAY!!! Congratulations MD!
I am SOOOO excited & happy for you!

And your first official action in your new position should be to allow us to dress down friday?! Really, you are too kind :)

Unknown said...

That IS wonderful.

Red Lobster is a perfectly acceptable place to celebrate as their cheddar biscuits are perfection.

Sarah said...

Oh, how great! I can only imagine this means one thing...but I'll wait for the official news!

Congrats Mike! And Michelle! And Stella!

Wendy said...

Hooray! Sounds like it's a wonderfully well-deserved promotion! Go MD!

Malissa said...

three words: YAY, YAY, YAY!!

Mickey D. said...

Nadja: if it weren't for the biscuits, which I admit are delicious, I wouldn't step foot in there. Turns out Stella is a fan too - she couldn't shovel them in fast enough.

Written Permission said...

Congratulations!!! This sounds absolutely wonderful. And hey, the magic of Cheddar Bay biscuits cannot be denied.

The Velveteen said...

Congratulations! i would take them biscuits from Red Lobster over filet mignon ANY OL DAY.

Sassytimes said...

Congrats to you and your hubby!

Michelle said...

That is AWESOME!! Congrats to your hubby (and you too!) for the promotion.