11.02.2010

Day 2.

Wow. This isn't easy. I thought it would be, but I'm completely drawing blanks. I'm pretty sure I've psyched myself out already. I say, "Ok, Self, write something witty and worth reading..." and then my mind freezes as if I've eaten ice cream too fast. Gah!

If I still wrote for my college newspaper, this would be the point where I would grab a wine cooler to get myself loose and my thoughts flowing freely. But I'm passed that point in life. Plus, wine coolers are laughable forms of alcohol.

So today's post will be a collection of thoughts that pop into my head. There will be no rhyme or reason to them. Pure stream of consciousness. You ready?

"I thought Stella was getting teeth. I thought I saw the top of tooth, but perhaps it was food? Nothing has popped through yet. I wonder why?"

"My "friends" on Facebook really need to stop telling everyone to vote. Really person-I-went-to-junior-high-with, I should vote? Gee, thanks for the heads up. I only listen to P Diddy when it comes to voting."

"I have to use the restroom. Must mean it's close to quitting time."

"I really hate the restrooms here at work. I'll wait until I get home."

"Did I use correct punctuation so far in this post? Probably not."

"I have weird fingers. I don't like my hands, they're not very feminine. And they're dry and cracking and they hurt. Sorry, digits, it's gonna be a long winter."

"Where should we have dinner tonight? It was kind of a big day in the D house. Hopefully not Red Lobster."

"Who is to blame for the giant container of leftover Halloween candy sitting on our work cabinet? Imma kick them in the shins. Do they know how many Kit-Kats they've forced me to eat today?"

"My head itches."

"Co-worker just said that I'm known for one-liners and that I'm funny. That made my day. "

"It's time to go. Here I come Stella!"

7 comments:

Sassytimes said...

I should really join the bandwagon. I'm really bad at blogging lately.

I really like your new header.

I love hearing random thoughts. Great post.

Malissa said...

that was a GOOD post. seriously. just write random thoughts for 30 days. we'll learn a lot about you...

Wendy said...

Ha! This post made me smile.

I have horrid winter hands also! I actually bought diaper rash cream to put on them at night! It has helped.

More pics of that cute kid!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Um, I love this.

And I wish I was sitting across from you and could have heard these thoughts out loud. :)

Um, awesome.

Wrestling Kitties said...

LOVE this post! Oh M, how I miss you :)

Those restrooms DO suck. Blech.

I had tootsie rolls today. Didn't even want them. But they were there. And now I have to go home and eat my own candy. UGH. Keep your Halloween candy at your own house!

You my friend are HILARIOUS!


P.S. I LOVE the new header! How do you do that? I can barely cut and paste something to mine...takes like 3 hours!

Mickey D. said...

WK - designing a new header is easy. You just tell Turtle Parade that you want something new and wah-la! she'll email you one.

Amber said...

:-)

So it's YOU who stole all the Kit Kats!